Home Made Ear Cleaner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home Made Ear Cleaner

A friend said once to me her vet gave her a simple homemade recipe for ear cleaner and it was also good for ear health. Basic ingredients, but she recently passed away so I cannot ask her. Anyone have an idea? All ingredients were natural, not chemical.

When I went to grooming school in 1987, we used 50-50% of water and white vinegar...........It stinks too much for me, and Davis' ear wash is so cheap and good, that I never used the home made receipt.

Happy cleaning ears

Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com

Comment

I have seen a witch hazel/tea tree oil blend used. I would NOT do that though. I always figure if a dog were to have a reaction or some such thing I want to be able to tell the veterinarian I use such and such ear cleaner made for dogs. Not "Well I use a homemade blend of blahblahblah."

Comment

I found this........by the way.....some "stars" of Hollywood and models actually dilute organic apple cider vinegar and wipe it on for a few minutes. I tried it too and it gets ride of little red spots if you have sensitive skin and after grooming all day the acid cleans great and is sort of like a mild astringent. I love it.....................

Fearing the alcohol to be too harsh or drying for their dogs' ears, some owners prefer to omit it. To make a vinegar and water solution, mix 1/3 cup of apple cider vinegar to 2/3 cup of lukewarm water. Wipe the visible part of the inside of your dog's ear with the solution, using a cotton ball or soft cloth.

Comment

I use an old vet remedy from 35 years ago, 1/2 rubbing alcohol and 1/2 med listerine, never ever had a reaction, or issues in all these years.

Comment

Working...
          X