K9II vs III

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K9II vs III

We got a K9III for hubs' new trailer for a few reasons. Ease of wiring, ease of changing motors, the fact it doesn't heat up quite as much when run on two motors because of the motors being in separate casings.

However, when run on one motor, the thing barely blows out air at all. It's so weak it's sad. The motors are supposed to be the same as in the K9II but it's not nearly as powerful as my II on one motor. On two motors it seems fine.

Hubs is thinking maybe some air is traveling through and out the tube that connect them?

Anyone else notice this if you have both dryers? He'll be calling electric cleaner, but I'm hoping for some backup info.
    Last edited by cockerlvr; 07-11-16, 09:48 AM.

I am glad you posted this, I have heard this but never verified.

Comment

I feel my K9 II on one motor feels super weak. I never use 1 motor. It's both or nothing. What I do is remove the nozzle to get the effect of a smaller dryer or I use my backup dryer, my single motor box dryer.

Your husband should be fine with 2 motors and no nozzle for most instances where he wants slower speed. For super sensitive blowing on the face, I bust out my Conair dog show hair dryer, tuck it under my chin and brush away.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishSetterTom View Post
        I feel my K9 II on one motor feels super weak. I never use 1 motor. It's both or nothing. What I do is remove the nozzle to get the effect of a smaller dryer or I use my backup dryer, my single motor box dryer.

Your husband should be fine with 2 motors and no nozzle for most instances where he wants slower speed. For super sensitive blowing on the face, I bust out my Conair dog show hair dryer, tuck it under my chin and brush away.
        Definitely compared to two motors it does, but the one vs one on the II vs III is like half power.

Comment

Maybe because it has 2 separate cylinders and on one motor, the air is going from the single cylinder through the "Y" and part of the airflow gets diverted and not 100 percent is flowing through the hose.

Comment

WOW......my K9II works perfectly on one or both motors. I usually use the one motor on face and ears, then turn up the volume for the body and legs. The Electric Comp always caution people to make sure you don't turn on both motors at once, but one motor, let it run for a minute or two, then turn on the next motor.

I would definitely call them if just one motor running is not producing a ton of air, like mine does.

Happy drying off

Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com

Comment

Dolly, I think it's each person's perception whether 1 motor feels strong. I have 5 total K9 II's and they all are the same. One single motor, it feels very slow compared to both motors running. Yes, you should turn on each motor separate but that's because Wagn Tails recommends that so the load to the generator is not harsh and abrupt. But it will not "break" a dryer turning them on simultaneously.

Comment

Dolly, I think it's each person's perception whether 1 motor feels strong. I have 5 total K9 II's and they all are the same. One single motor, it feels very slow compared to both motors running. Yes, you should turn on each motor separate but that's because Wagn Tails recommends that so the load to the generator is not harsh and abrupt. But it will not "break" a dryer turning them on simultaneously.
                No Tom.....I talked to the sales guys at Groom Expo......they are the ones that told me about not turning both on at the same time. WGT never said anything about overloading a 6000 Onan gen with turning on both motors at once. Luckily, my routine is to turn one on at a time, then follow with both motors...........My one motor is strong, sometimes I dry tiny Yorkies with only one motor, so I don't blow them away.

Happy blowing a lot of hot air

Comment

Maybe because it has 2 separate cylinders and on one motor, the air is going from the single cylinder through the "Y" and part of the airflow gets diverted and not 100 percent is flowing through the hose.
                  Yea, that's what I said hubs thinks in my original post. Just didn't word it well.

I almost thought about getting one for myself in my van, but not if this is common.

Doesn't anyone have both of these dryer to give me a comparison? ;-)

I understand a lot of you just use both motors on the K-9II, but that isn't our preference. I find a lot of dogs really hate that much air flow especially if you have the condenser nozzle on. I like the condenser nozzle for separating hair better, and it works just fine for me on one motor. I have exactly two dogs I use both motors on, a cocker, and a standard poodle. It doesn't seem to slow me down at all, I usually complete a shih groom in 50 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Dolly View Post
                    No Tom.....I talked to the sales guys at Groom Expo......they are the ones that told me about not turning both on at the same time. WGT never said anything about overloading a 6000 Onan gen with turning on both motors at once. Luckily, my routine is to turn one on at a time, then follow with both motors...........My one motor is strong, sometimes I dry tiny Yorkies with only one motor, so I don't blow them away.

Happy blowing a lot of hot air

Look in your Wagn Tails manual. It clearly states do not turn on both motors at once to prevent circuit breaker trip on Onan generator. Just like it states turn on the AC low and the temp dial warm, then turn it to cooler. The company may recommend turning on 1 at a time, I'm sure it's better to take that precaution. I have never heard of a K9 dryer breaking down over it.

Comment

Look in your Wagn Tails manual. It clearly states do not turn on both motors at once to prevent circuit breaker trip on Onan generator. Just like it states turn on the AC low and the temp dial warm, then turn it to cooler. The company may recommend turning on 1 at a time, I'm sure it's better to take that precaution. I have never heard of a K9 dryer breaking down over it.
                      Well.........who reads the manual !! I only have it open to remember how to winterize the van, once a year to refresh my memory, never read any other article because I never had a problem/question on any other item. Soooo you read manuals from cover to cover on all things you purchase.....must be a "man thing".

Happy reading

Comment

SO true! Electric cleaner does not reccomend that. My K9II is in a closet. We use a foot switch to turn it on and off and both motors are on constantly.

Cocker, its possible you have a faulty motor. It happens sometimes.

I love my K9III variable speed dryer IMMENSELY and would replace my II with another one in a heartbeat if something happens to it.
                        <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

Hey.... my k9 III does the same thing. Hardly any air on 1 motor. I believe it does have to do with the separate casings. My metro blows harder than 1 motor being on. I use 1 motor for faces or digs fearful of the dryer. Otherwise it's all or nothing

Comment

Well built machines, and I have both and ironically the 3 does seem slightly less blow power. but no big deal.

Comment

Do they provide written specs for the airflow like Metro does?

Comment

Working...
                              X