do any of your preshave faxes before bath or take some length off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• do any of your preshave faxes before bath or take some length off

The teddy bear face or topknot. Especially for the dogs that hate their face being dried.

Yeah usually if it's a shave down. If it's just a comb attachment I leave it alone bc it won't make too much of a difference

Comment

I don't have too many that will fight the stand dryer for faces, so no.

Comment

Generally, no, I don't preshave. However if I know the dog is old or really bad/stressed about blowdrying I may if the hair is long enough that it will really change the drying time.

Comment

If it's a extremely grown out teddy bear face I will knock some of the hair off. Less to wash and dry that way.
          If it's a poodle with a clean face that has been in recently, I don't pre-shave.
          If it's a poodle with a clean face and the face hair is longer then a 4 blade I will quickly take of most of the hair....not a tight, finish type shave, but just getting the bulk off to achieve a quicker wash and dry.

I pre-shave the corner of the eyes on all the dogs with hairy faces. I find the bathers get that area cleaner that way.

Comment

I pre-shave one poodle's face because she is old and hates dryer on her face. Other than that, no, I would much rather clip clean faces.
            (I should say that most of my customers are regular every 4-5 weeks, so there is bit that much hair anyway)

Comment

If they have really plushy faces and I'm taking off significant length, I'll often do a quick scoop on the eyes and take some of the bulk beneath the ears. I find I can get a better scrub in if there's not as much hair there. Those are also the two areas that dogs object getting dried the most

Comment

I have a set of " dirty dawg" shears by sharkfin just for dirty prep work. I rarely trim heads before but if it's crazy long I will lift with comb and roughly cut my shape in

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

We do to get a cleaner face during the bath especially if doing a facial type care.

Comment

No, not really. But for some that hate their face being dried.. like I have this one Shih that becomes bitey.. I'll do his face wet! Comes out cute, too. Just neaten up with thinners when he's all dry.
                    Debbie
                    There's always room for another rose in the garden.

Comment

Working...
                    X