Blades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blades

Hey so I've got an Oster wireless clipper and andis ultra and ceramic edge blades. Today I dropped my clippers and my 40 broke so my coworker stopped at a store to get me another one before she came in.

I've been putting off getting a second set of blades but now I'm realising I need them.....

Any suggestions for blades to get? The ones I have now aren't bad but then again I don't really know much about anything lol.

Oh also comb attachments? Broke my #2 attachment ... Right now I have black plastic ones and they say laube co. Are those good or should I get different ones?

Help please thank you.

I've been happy with my Andis Ultraedge blades. I was using ceramics for a while, and it's not that I didn't like them as far as performance, but I did not see enough of a benefit to stick with them. I did not like that if I dropped one, it was likely to break. I drop blades sometimes.

As far as comb attachments, after years and years of plastic comb use, I am a total Wahl stainless steel convert. I love them. Two years in and they are still perfect. I used to go through plastic combs relatively often.

Comment

Originally posted by Totally Clips View Post
      I've been happy with my Andis Ultraedge blades. I was using ceramics for a while, and it's not that I didn't like them as far as performance, but I did not see enough of a benefit to stick with them. I did not like that if I dropped one, it was likely to break. I drop blades sometimes.

As far as comb attachments, after years and years of plastic comb use, I am a total Wahl stainless steel convert. I love them. Two years in and they are still perfect. I used to go through plastic combs relatively often.
      Ok cool thanks! Can I use those comb attachments with a 40 blade or does it have to be a 30? I was looking up ones to get and none of them said anything about a 40 so I'm confused

Comment

A 30. I haven't tried using them with a 40 which is kind of weird when I think about it because I used to use only 40's under the plastic combs all the time.

Comment

Don't use a 40 under the stainless steel- it will break teeth off of your 40. You can use a 30, 15, or even a 10 blade under the guard combs

Comment

Started using the Wahl combs a few months ago (w/ a 30 blade) and LOVE THEM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

What's the difference in using a 40 vs a 30, 15, or 10? Sorry I'm kinda dumb

Comment

Originally posted by dmdogcare View Post
                With corded clipper, that uses A5 blades, you can use 30, 15, 10 or even 9 under stainless steel combs. (Not 40, that will result in broken teeth on your blade). I personally use 30, but you can play around and see what blade gives you best finish. I do try 9 from time to time but I don't care for it.
                Now, if you have stainless steel comb set for Wahl cordless clipper 5-in-1 blades, like Bravura, Arco, etc., you can use those combs with your corded clipper 40 blade (Debi Hilley has a blog post on that).

Comment

I originally bought Andis UltraEdge blades because that's what all the groomers around me had.

I soon learned that I hated them relative to the other blades that I have used.

I prefer Wahl Performance, then Geib Buttercut, then Andis.

Comment

Originally posted by dmdogcare View Post
                    They're different lengths. The shorter the length, the finer the spacing & thickness of the metal. Under a comb, it affects efficiency. Getting a comb over a #10 is just clunky, and doesn't leave a nice finish. The teeth on a #40 will just snap off. I prefer #15 or #30.

That being said, on their own, I use #10/#15 for pre-work, #40 for pads, and usually only a #30 for poodle work.

Comment

Hmm ok, all great advice, thanks! At school we were given a 40 for the plastic attachments and I've had them since Sept with no problem until I dropped it yesterday... If using a 30 underneath the attachments, will there be a huge difference for me?

Comment

Originally posted by houla09 View Post
                        Don't use a 40 under the stainless steel- it will break teeth off of your 40. You can use a 30, 15, or even a 10 blade under the guard combs
                        ^^^^^THIS^^^^^
                        It's not what you look at that matters; it's what you see.
                        Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Working...
                        X