Drying Dogs Faster!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drying Dogs Faster!!!

The biggest thing I struggle with the most is getting dogs dry after bathing them. I've heard a variety of techniques that groomers say are affective. Some are, some are not. I'm always open to hear new suggestions and strategies, any thoughts...?

Get the humidity out with a dehumidifier. Use super absorbing towels, these work wonders and take up very little space. Put a towel on the drying counter, hold a absorbing towel behind dogs legs (sometimes ears too) as you HV them to absorb more water and of course counter drying so the air bounces back from the wall to other side of the dog. Use the best HV you can afford and use some leave in quick dry spray.
    Getting the humidity out is the best start, imo.
    Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

Throw away your nozzle...just use the end of your hose, putting it directly on the skin and moving it around. With the nozzle removed, your dryer motor is able to suck in more air, thus blowing out more air....it is the amount of air, not the pressure, that dries the hair.

Happy throwing away the nozzle

Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com

Comment

Maybe try that trick a few times before throwing anything away.

Comment

We use a dehumidifier and it does help.

Comment

Do not throw nozzle away that for sure. Get the wet towels outa the drying area. I do a quick once over with the dryer in the tub b4 I towel dry so my towel has less work and more drying ability. I use a spray called demat pro that really speeds up the drying time a good dual motor dryer for sure

Comment

Step one is to make sure the dog is truly clean snd rinsed out. It's a simple step that we all sometimes forget to stress.

Comment

Good answers, especially what Honey said. If your dog is not 100% sparkling clean, it will take a lot longer to dry. Especially cockers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

This is a simple method you might already have thought of, but my favorite technique is to quickly do a once-over on the whole dog, just to blow off excess water, then go back and start really thorough. I was taught to just start really thorough and move inch by inch, but I find a quick once-over at the beginning really speeds things up. Love all these ideas, I'm learning that efficiency trumps just flat-out speed

Comment

Originally posted by HoneyandChewiespal View Post
                    Step one is to make sure the dog is truly clean snd rinsed out. It's a simple step that we all sometimes forget to stress.
                    YES!!! 5 more minutes in the tub getting truly clean and rinsed out will save you 10 or 15 minutes on the drying table.
                    Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

Hi Cyn, I never heard about counter drying until today. Can you tell me more about it? I cant imagine what it is look like and how it works?

Comment

We have counters. I would NEVER dry on a table. But having been here awhile I remember admin mentioned it. There was an article about it too in petgroomer magazine some years ago. Table drying is terribly slower. That is true. We have a wall with a long long counter. You dry along the counter and the wall helps keep the dog steady and in place. Dry against the wall of the counter heats the other side of the dog at same time FAST FAST drying.

Comment

Well we dry on a table that is against a wall with a quilt behind it. Add in a table cover and viola. Really fast drying
                          <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

We have had counters too for a long time. In each stud along the wall you put a strong eyelet. Then you can space out dogs along the wall where they cannot contact each other no way. Instead of cage drying a smooth coat breed you can let it sit there and stretch dry another pet next to it. Quite safe. Under some of the counters you can put in cabinets for support and you have TONS of shop storage.

Comment

I worked in salons that did counter drying. Currently dogs are dried in the tub. All the aformentioned is applied but only in a tub. Dog is thouroghly toweled dried and that towel in placed under the dog. A second towel is clamped on to the backside of the tub and a third towel is held to catch offspray of dryer. Quick dry sprays are a big help and a squeaky clean dog.
                              It's not what you look at that matters; it's what you see.
                              Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Working...
                              X