Turn off that dryer!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turn off that dryer!!!!!!

So I went with a friend to look at a used trailer. When we got there we knocked and there was no answer and went around the side of the house because we heard someone home, noise. We found the "seller" in the trailer hooked up to shor line bathing her own dogs with her daughters help. They were small doxie terrier mixes. There was still some water in the tub while one was being rinsed but her daughter was using a hand dryer in the tub plugged in. I gasped, I admit it, I gasped and caught myself reaching out to the daughter to turn off that dryer.

She asked me what was wrong and I said using an electric hand dryer on a dog in the tub with some water in the tub was really risky. What if you dropped the dryer. They looked at me like I was weird, crazy whatever and kept on.

Is it just me?

Not safe and why would there be any water left in the tub unless it was just wet from the bath? With modern dryers, they all have that little circuit breaker at the end of the wire where you plug it in, it's required by law, called a GFCI. It would pop if the dryer fell into water and would not allow someone to be electrocuted, unlike the movies. Also it's code in bathroom locations or "wet" locations in homes to have a GFCI plug and most of us with groom vans also have protected outlets in our vans.

Comment

I would have said something too. Ridiculous.

Comment

These are the types of people that are the reason why we have tags on everything telling us how and when and where to use appliances

Comment

At one of the salons I worked in they thought it a grand idea to use the big plug in dremels on wet dogs as water poured from the paw into the dremel.

Comment

Many years ago, when I worked for a thoracic surgeon, we were contacted to visit a patient in the hospital who tried to commit suicide by throwing in a hair dyer into a bath tub of water....didn't work........ then she drank Drano......still alive......then she cut off her left hand.....still alive. My boss took some of her bowel and reconstructed her trachea, while another surgeon reattached her hand........she was in the hospital for a month......got out and was successful with suicide within 2 weeks of unknown origin to our office.

I too wonder why there was water in the tub, if they were at the stage of drying the dog.

Happy draining the tub

Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com

Comment

Originally posted by Dolly View Post
              Many years ago, when I worked for a thoracic surgeon, we were contacted to visit a patient in the hospital who tried to commit suicide by throwing in a hair dyer into a bath tub of water....didn't work........ then she drank Drano......still alive......then she cut off her left hand.....still alive. My boss took some of her bowel and reconstructed her trachea, while another surgeon reattached her hand........she was in the hospital for a month......got out and was successful with suicide within 2 weeks of unknown origin to our office.

I too wonder why there was water in the tub, if they were at the stage of drying the dog.

Happy draining the tub

Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com
              Wow she wanted to go.

They were grooming 2 dogs, 1 each, 1 ready to dry and 1 being bathed and she plugged the tub until rinse it seems. Weird. So the one being dried had feet in water. Shock and awe never saw anything like it.

Comment

Originally posted by DogGamut View Post
                At one of the salons I worked in they thought it a grand idea to use the big plug in dremels on wet dogs as water poured from the paw into the dremel.
                Unbelievable taking chances with people's pets.

Comment

Working...
                X