Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I recently just got hired at a place my old grooming manager also randomly works.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I recently just got hired at a place my old grooming manager also randomly works.

I posted previously about some issues I had while working at corp. I then attempted mobile grooming. I was misclassified as an IC and van did not have full coverage insurance. Long story about how I discovered how illegal that was.

I then started looking for salons that were legally run, were looking for employees. I found my home in one such salon. I ABSOLUTELY love it there.

Besides the fact that my original corp grooming manager randomly works there too. It all is strange.

Besides that, I've noticed her getting a bit into her manager mode with me. I had a client that was unhappy with a groom (cocker that hadn't been groomed since November, wanted 5/8 legs, had to shave them, husband who dropped her off approved of that), they left a message, rather than let me handle it, she called them. I called them again when I got in an hour after her. They asked me if she was my supervisor and said they knew I was "new to this". Ugh. I'm new to the salon. I'm fairly new to grooming, but with as much experience as I have, I don't think that's necessary to openly admit.

Sorry, I'm venting.

Any advice on how to deal with this awkward situation?

You need to talk with the owner and advise her of things and that you want to handle any disputes without her doing things for you. You don't work for her.

Comment

Originally posted by TootsiePie View Post
      You need to talk with the owner and advise her of things and that you want to handle any disputes without her doing things for you. You don't work for her.
      Well, it turns out I was worrying for nothing. I ended up only working with her those two days, then when I came back to work after two days off, I was informed that she was no longer working there.

The salon I work at thrives to create a stress free and enjoyable experience for the clients and the pets in our cares. This girl just didn't really fit into that kind of workplace.

Comment

How are things going now?

Comment

Sorry for the late reply.

Things are still going fantastic! I absolutely love this salon. ��

Comment

Good, I had to prevail the first couple years after I started grooming and found working in some place disappointing to be polite, and finally the right place for me. I think many groomers have been through this.

Comment

Working...
            X