Chained!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chained!

A shop in town is closed. I go by there on my way to my shop and it is locked up. They got busted I hear from IRS. I know they only use ICs because 2 that used to work there work for me. One of them called and said owner was getting notices from IRS about past business taxes due. Probably IC related but not sure.

Wow. Talk about a crack down.

Comment

Are you sure it was the IRS? Never heard of them closing you down themselves with physical locks. Sounds more like they defaulted on their lease and the landlord or marshall locked it up.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishSetterTom View Post
        Are you sure it was the IRS? Never heard of them closing you down themselves with physical locks. Sounds more like they defaulted on their lease and the landlord or marshall locked it up.
        Actually the IRS can do that and I have clients that have experienced it. BUT I think it is done less today and as I think of the people I know involved, they owned the commercial property as well as the business, and it was usually after being fined and not paying up. So I suppose they could lien and sell the property.

Comment

I know a boarding property that got chained by IRS and sold.

Comment

About 10 years ago a kennel was chained not far away and the property sold at public auction.

Comment

Working...
            X