Advice on injury???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on injury???

Lately I've been having to work on large over weight dogs and during this time (not sure what dog or day) I've either strained/pulled or done some sort of damage to my shoulder. I thought it was just regular old back pain. But has gotten worse. I've tried to get in to a doctor but course mine is on vacation and not sure what my next day off is to make an appointment. Any thoughts on how to help the pain besides icing, aspirin, stretches and rest? I've got several more large dogs to do and little worried on how I'm going to do it this week.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Have you tried the Salonpas pain patches? I have tennis elbow in both of my arms, and I wear the patches at night when I sleep. If my pain is bad during the day, I'll wear them underneath my tennis elbow braces. Hope you're feeling better soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Pamprin ( yep, that one it reduces swelling and has an analgesic) at night and use the patches during the day as well. Ice your shoulder when you can (10 minutes at a time only). Then find a really good acupuncturist.
      My shoulder was actually dislocated - and I slammed it back into place like an old skier knows how) but the muscle/ tendons were weak enough that the doctor said I needed surgery. My acupuncturist had everything back in place and strengthened with three treatments and massage. My shoulder hasn't hurt since.
      Lastly..... Cut back on the number of large dogs you do in a week.

Comment

Originally posted by kozak11288 View Post
        Lately I've been having to work on large over weight dogs and during this time (not sure what dog or day) I've either strained/pulled or done some sort of damage to my shoulder. I thought it was just regular old back pain. But has gotten worse. I've tried to get in to a doctor but course mine is on vacation and not sure what my next day off is to make an appointment. Any thoughts on how to help the pain besides icing, aspirin, stretches and rest? I've got several more large dogs to do and little worried on how I'm going to do it this week.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
        Particentral here recently had shoulder surgery, right??? You might PM her.

Comment

Whenever I've had a muscle ache or pain, what works is just being patient and letting time heal it. I don't rest, since for me, resting doesn't help, but I do avoid putting a lot of pressure on the area. I do some gentle stretches.
          If the pain is too much, I take something like advil or tylenol.
          My body is generally great at healing itself, given time.
          I've found that doctors don't have a solution for muscle pain. Broken bones, yes, but not muscle pain.
          For the large dogs, try to use your legs to lift instead of depending on your arms and waist. Bend your legs, then push up. It's how UPS workers do it. There are online tutorials on how to safely lift. If a co-worker is willing to help you lift, that would be terrific. I hope you feel better soon.

Comment

Working...
          X