Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whitman Groomers Receive Threats

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/re...MDN/story.html

The owners of a Whitman pet grooming shop are locking their doors and hesitating before answering the phone amid a social media firestorm that kicked up after a dog in their care fell ill and died.

Bob Lane and Jennifer Balas of K-9 Groomers said they have received death threats and been called murderers — even after a Whitman police investigation determined they were not negligent in their care of Bailey, a Bernese mountain dog that was brought to the shop to be groomed on May 27.

Police Chief Scott Benton said the dog’s owner, Cheryl McNeil, of Holbrook, has also been criticized on social media by people saying she did not care for her dog..........
    Coordinators post updates to the message for grooming events, members contests, PG.com Classified Ads, GroomerTALK Radio shows and PG.com Magazine online.

Additional story http://www.wcvb.com/news/grieving-fa...death/39931692
    Coordinators post updates to the message for grooming events, members contests, PG.com Classified Ads, GroomerTALK Radio shows and PG.com Magazine online.

Comment

I feel for the owners BUT the Mrs started the FB attack and from reading article Mr is being an A$$, because he can't admit it was more than likely Mrs & Mr not getting blood work done on a dog this size and this age to be SURE he was healthy!!
      As for closing the salon due to death threats or burning....I would have my lawyer demand police protection and demand FB to remove the entire thing! Also banning ALL FB users of posting such **** would really be a good start.
      Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

Th Mcneill need to be sued, if that's possible. I would normally feel very sorry for them, but they destroyed another person's means of making a living and reputation.

Comment

Social media is the bane of this country! Lynch mob mentality for sure.

Comment

I think there is an opportunity for insurance companies to enter a new market. They could sell "Social Media Insurance" covering damages causes by untrue social media attacks. I bet this is coming in the near future.
            For pet groomers, this insurance wd be very useful, since a good reputation is crucial to our success.

Comment

I feel for these owners. I agree with the need for social media protection insurance.

Comment

Oh yea, just what we need....more insurance! NO, NO, NO!!!!
                Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

Originally posted by Aristocats View Post
                  Social media is the bane of this country! Lynch mob mentality for sure.
                  So true.

Comment

One of the reasons I don't do a lot of social media and I don't need it for new customers, doing quite well without it.

Comment

Working...
                    X