Bling ideas for July 4th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bling ideas for July 4th

We are already pretty booked for the 3 days before the 4th weekend. Time to start figuring out some red, white and blue bling. Anyone else doing something special for it this year?

I'm doing these for girls. Still not sure for boys. If I get a minute I might go searching for some wide ribbon to make bow ties.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by cockerlvr; 06-02-16, 06:28 PM.

Comment

Very cute!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Have bandana fabric for the traditionalists, some bow ties for the more adventurous male dog owners , red/white/ blue feather barrettes for the girls, some feathery ear add ons, and then some wide ribbon for neckties (boys) and big bows for ghd girls. Ghd girls get the wired ribbon tied in a big bow. The boys get neckties out of ribbon- unfortunately I can only do Windsor knots - a holdover from teaching all those boys in boarding school how to tie their ties ��

Comment

Funny Honey. Wow Cockerlvr, nice. Glad I read this, you guys kicked my butt to get ready. Can someone explain how it is almost July in a few weeks. are you kidding?

Comment

Originally posted by 123Linda View Post
            Funny Honey. Wow Cockerlvr, nice. Glad I read this, you guys kicked my butt to get ready. Can someone explain how it is almost July in a few weeks. are you kidding?
            Grandma always said times goes faster the older you get......she was RIGHT!
            Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

My granddaughter (7) suggested lighting a sparkler when giving a dog back to the customer. I don't think so sweetie.

Comment

Wow really around 3 weeks ish. We usually do red white blue bows.

Comment

I do a type of bow I call a "firework" bow, in masses for the whole salon to use. I take 12" lengths of 4 different curling package ribbons (Which you can get super cheap just about anywhere) and tie them around a small hair rubber band, so there's about an equal length of ribbon on either side and then curl the ends. They're great for when you need to make a lot of bling in a short amount of time for not to much money. The clients love them, and the best part is the more the dog shakes their head the more they fluff out but still look good! I'll get a picture of them to put up in a day or so ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by tabbykitten13 View Post
                    I do a type of bow I call a "firework" bow, in masses for the whole salon to use. I take 12" lengths of 4 different curling package ribbons (Which you can get super cheap just about anywhere) and tie them around a small hair rubber band, so there's about an equal length of ribbon on either side and then curl the ends. They're great for when you need to make a lot of bling in a short amount of time for not to much money. The clients love them, and the best part is the more the dog shakes their head the more they fluff out but still look good! I'll get a picture of them to put up in a day or so ^_^
                    Please do that sounds really cool.

Comment

Second the motion I have to see what you are talking about. Sounds neat.

Comment

Originally posted by cockerlvr View Post
                        I'm doing these for girls. Still not sure for boys. If I get a minute I might go searching for some wide ribbon to make bow ties.
                        love these hope to see more

Comment

Would love to see!!!

Comment

Tabby I would love to see too.

Comment

I've gotten a couple of quick pics (With my ancient flip phone, so not the best quality ^^;; These ones are red/white/blue/gold, but you can make them any colour you'd like. I usually make up a bucket of them to correspond with upcoming holidays because they're easy and cheap enough that it's no big deal to make them for the bathers and whichever groomers aren't gifted with bow-making skills.
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	firework bow2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	1122297Click image for larger version

Name:	firework bow.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	47.7 KB
ID:	1122298

Comment

Working...
                              X