Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dog Flees Arizona Groomer

http://www.12news.com/news/local/val...mers/227524791

SURPRISE, Ariz. - For the third day in a row, searchers hit the streets in Surprise hoping to find any trace of Ozzie.

On Sunday, the 6-year-old Australian shepherd went missing from a pet grooming salon near Grand Avenue and Dysart Road.

Ozzie is one of many dogs that will end up lost this summer, some ending up in local shelters during what’s become the busy season for local shelters.

“It sounds like a joke but it truly feels like I lost a child,” said Alicia Westmoreland, Ozzie’s owner.

“My boyfriend was watering the grass and that was his favorite thing to do, to jump and bite the water,” she said as she began to tear up. "Stuff like that just tears me up, that he's not here; he's missing.”

While Westmoreland is upset, she isn’t blaming Best Friend’s Pet Grooming, the salon Ozzie ran away from.

“Losing a customer’s pet, a dog we've groomed forever has been really stressful,” said owner Jeneh Young. “It’s very hard. We want to bring him home.”..................
    Coordinators post updates to the message for grooming events, members contests, PG.com Classified Ads, GroomerTALK Radio shows and PG.com Magazine online.

I am so impressed by the way the grooming salon is handling this situation. They are actively searching for the dog and offering a reward. They closed the salon to look for the dog. Also, it seems like the escape of the dog was not due to any error on their part. The owner doesn't blame the salon, and I bet that's partly because the salon is being so conscientious.

Comment

This has always been a fear of mine, a cat escaping, even if through no fault of mine. But I would be doing exactly as this shop is doing. Pounding the pavement and posting flyers and rewards. I have multiple pocket doors to try to prevent any possible escapes and thankfully have not had any issues. But cats are even more evasive than dogs when it comes to this type of situation and can hole up for weeks and come out only at night due to their more nocturnal nature. I hope they recover Ozzie and everything turns out fine for this family. Fortunately this is a dog, and if he is still okay, he will eventually turn to a human for help.

Comment

My biggest fear too, and being near heavy traffic, ugh.

Comment

If they haven't found it yet....someone has this dog and has no intention of returning him, JMO!
          Cyn
          Best in Show Member & Club 10,000
          Last edited by Cyn; 06-04-16, 01:41 PM.
          Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

I have to commend this shop.. he's listed on their FB page as well, offering a reward, etc. They say he was spotted yesterday.. and is somewhat skittish. I'd honestly be frantic with worry, so I hope they get him back soon.
            Debbie
            There's always room for another rose in the garden.

Comment

I hope he is found soon, or maybe somebody already had found him, like Cyn said…because it is over 110 degrees outside, must be miserable for poor dog if he can't find shade and water.

Comment

Great news!! According to their FB page.. the dog has been found!! Apparently the husband was golfing on the course where the dog had been seen.. and saw the dog lying in the shade.

https://www.facebook.com/Bestfriendsgrooming
                Debbie
                There's always room for another rose in the garden.

Comment

Originally posted by daesue View Post
                  Great news!! According to their FB page.. the dog has been found!! Apparently the husband was golfing on the course where the dog had been seen.. and saw the dog lying in the shade.

https://www.facebook.com/Bestfriendsgrooming
                  I will be the first to say I am glad I was wrong. So glad he was found!!!!!
                  Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

Here is the news story http://www.12news.com/news/local/val...wner/233387204
                    Coordinators post updates to the message for grooming events, members contests, PG.com Classified Ads, GroomerTALK Radio shows and PG.com Magazine online.

Comment

I love happy endings.

Comment

Reunion pictures... http://www.yourwestvalley.com/suncit...d977f4b01.html

Comment

Working...
                        X