Bournemouth vet struck off over 'prolonged neglect' of two pet dogs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bournemouth vet struck off over 'prolonged neglect' of two pet dogs

"In a report the RCVS said the coats of both dogs had been in "an appalling condition" for "a prolonged period of time".
    It said: "[Vockert made] a conscious decision not to groom the animals because she considered that they found the grooming process unpleasant.
    "The committee considers that it was not only wrong but wholly misconceived.
    "The committee is very concerned that, as a veterinary surgeon, she allowed her clinical judgement to be so impaired."
    The RCVS added there was "a potential risk to animal welfare" if Vockert was ever allowed to return to practicing.
    Although it said it had taken into account her "long and unblemished career" prior to neglecting her two dogs.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-36416162

I remember this being posted when it was first discovered......those dogs were in horrible horrible shape!
    Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

Me too I remember this, OMG.

Comment

Sad to say, but I know of a couple of Vets that are of the "cats don't need to be groomed, they groom themselves" opinion. Tell that to the severely matted Persian I shaved all the way up to her ears due to the degree of matting! One of these Vets is a cat only Vet near my location. One of my clients used to go to this Vet until she made this statement. Knowing better, she quickly found another Vet and her two Persians are on a monthly grooming schedule.

Comment

I think some vets are blind to the grooming needs of cats. They don't even check the claws. Personally I think this is short-sighted and bad for business, because I read in veterinary websites that vets are having a hard time getting cat owners to bring their cat in for a check-up. If they offered grooming, that would be a way to get the cats in for check ups. Their disdain for grooming is kind of dopey.

Originally posted by Aristocats View Post
          Sad to say, but I know of a couple of Vets that are of the "cats don't need to be groomed, they groom themselves" opinion. Tell that to the severely matted Persian I shaved all the way up to her ears due to the degree of matting! One of these Vets is a cat only Vet near my location. One of my clients used to go to this Vet until she made this statement. Knowing better, she quickly found another Vet and her two Persians are on a monthly grooming schedule.

Comment

Working...
          X