Overtime

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overtime

Do any of you working hourly get overtime when available and how much. If you work on commission and you work more than 8 hours does that override employment laws that say after 8 hours you get OT?

Originally posted by TootsiePie View Post
    Do any of you working hourly get overtime when available and how much. If you work on commission and you work more than 8 hours does that override employment laws that say after 8 hours you get OT?
    https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/whdfs20.htm

Retail and service establishments are defined as establishments 75% of whose annual dollar volume of sales of goods or services (or of both) is not for resale and is recognized as retail sales or services in the particular industry.
    Requirements
    If a retail or service employer elects to use the Section 7(i) overtime exemption for commissioned employees, three conditions must be met:
    the employee must be employed by a retail or service establishment, and
    the employee's regular rate of pay must exceed one and one-half times the applicable minimum wage for every hour worked in a workweek in which overtime hours are worked, and
    more than half the employee's total earnings in a representative period must consist of commissions.
    Unless all three conditions are met, the Section 7(i) exemption is not applicable, and overtime premium pay must be paid for all hours worked over 40 in a workweek at time and one-half the regular rate of pay.
    <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

I know I have to pay OT to commission groomers by state law if their commission gross wages amount didn't cover at least minimum wage for the first 40 hours, and then 1.5 times minimum rate for any hours in the week worked over 40. My groomers would have to be REALLY slow for that to happen so it has never happened, but sure it could for very slow groomers.

Comment

I worked hourly and of course got OT when exceeded 40 hours a week. Same as Brit if working on commission basis, doesn't prevent OT they go by hours worked.

Comment

I am so glad we don't deal with commission and pay salary or hourly. If they work OT, they get OT. Simple.

Comment

Working...
          X