Need advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need advice

I am a relatively new Groomer started home business a little over a year ago. I have a FB presence, website, flyers with tags at local stores, hand out cards to all clients and potentials, generous referral bonus. I have about 20 customers so far and only 12 repeat every 6 -8 week customers. The others come when they feel like. My grooms are clean and nice. Customers always very satisfied with quality and price. I want to know how long it takes to build a real profitable client base out of my home and how I can produce more clients? Advice is so very humbly appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Home groomers in my area are able to put out a sandwich style street sign during business hours. They all do it so it must work. All those cars passing by is great advertising. Can you do that?

Comment

I do house call cat grooming. It took me over a year to begin making enough to just barely support myself.
      5 star Yelp reviews inspired more people to call me. I left cards at veterinary clinics and introduced myself to the receptionists. That brought me a few more clients. I spent time working on my web site. Some people commented that my website made them want to call me.
      I don't know if you like pet sitting, but doing some cat sitting in addition to grooming helped me to make more money during slow times. I let my cat grooming clients know that I could visit their homes to cat sit. Since they already knew me, they trusted me to visit their pet.
      Good luck! Sounds like you're making good progress.

Comment

Originally posted by Emma123 View Post
        I do house call cat grooming. It took me over a year to begin making enough to just barely support myself.
        5 star Yelp reviews inspired more people to call me. I left cards at veterinary clinics and introduced myself to the receptionists. That brought me a few more clients. I spent time working on my web site. Some people commented that my website made them want to call me.
        I don't know if you like pet sitting, but doing some cat sitting in addition to grooming helped me to make more money during slow times. I let my cat grooming clients know that I could visit their homes to cat sit. Since they already knew me, they trusted me to visit their pet.
        Good luck! Sounds like you're making good progress.
        Good suggestions Emma. All of them.

Comment

Get friendly with the other pet professionals in town. Check your local community boards and look for events that have a silent auction or raffle. Get in touch with the event coordinator. Offer to Donate a $25 (or whatever) gift certificate. I have earned many customers this way.

Comment

Your website can bring in more customers than you ever imagined. There are tools available to give you numbers on just how many people are searching for pet grooming in your town/neighboring towns and it is probably thousands.. We hired 3 groomers within 8mo of opening thanks to the people who did my website/SEO work

Comment

Didn't even know I had these replies until now. Just want to say thank you to everybody for your great advice!

Comment

Half my business AT LEAST if customer referral. Sure social media matters but good old fashioned customer referral is where it is at. I always ask my customers to send their friends etc, am I bold or what well maybe but they want me to succeed. They know I wouldn't judge them if they didn't. And you know what at least half my customers come from them and it is better than social media because a friend is a friend and there is so much fake stuff in the news or in social media, which is better? I have 788 regulars that come in 4 times to 12 times a year. I SINCERELY ASKED FOR THEIR HELP.

Comment

Working...
                X