Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trash bin fire!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Trash bin fire!!!!!!!!

    OH HELL we had a fire crew out because of a trash bin fire for the building we share. It was so fresh that the bin didn't do much more than smoke a lot, no big flames, but smelled like what??? HAIR. There was a cigarette butt in the bag that was smokey smouldering , so someone dumped cig ashes in the bag from our outdoor smoking area into the bag. We will know soak the butts in water first. What a panic what a pain and scare and embarrassment. If you dump cigs make sure to soak the butts, signing off a day not to remember.

  • #2
    YIKES! Glad it wasn't any worse than it was......but the smell of burning hair, UGH!!
    Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

    Comment


    • #3
      I so rarely see people smoking out in public that it seems like an "oddicy"....were as when I was growing up, it seemed like the "norm". I would encourage your staff not to/or stop smoking for their health.

      Luckily, I'm not an employer because I wouldn't hire a smoker, due to health issues and the smell that comes with a smoker......it's probably against the law, but if I have to work with someone, it's going to be a non-smoker.

      Happy putting out the flames

      Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

      www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com

      Comment


      • #4
        Many years ago we had this happen just smoldering though when our customer ashtray was dumped in the trash bin insider the house. No flames, bad smell, and close call. lesson learned.

        Comment


        • #5
          This happened a few times where I worked some time ago. Cig ashes every time.

          Comment

          Working...
          X