No announcement yet.

Mother/Daughter Groomers Allegedly Steal Over $100,000 From Groomer Employer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mother/Daughter Groomers Allegedly Steal Over $100,000 From Groomer Employer

http://www.ksdk.com/news/crime/mothe...lace/188076664

Janice Daniel and her daughter, Diana Daniel, are both charged with felony stealing. Investigators say they took the money over a 16-month period while working at TLC Grooming in University City.......................
    Coordinators post updates to the message for grooming events, members contests, PG.com Classified Ads, GroomerTALK Radio shows and PG.com Magazine online.

OMG that poor owner, sure she should have known but no excuse.

Comment

Poop! Why did it take so long?

Comment

Wow they should have to pay it back even if it takes many years.

Comment

And just where did that get them?? Yeah.. mug shots, prison time.. and posted here!! I, too, hope they have to pay back every penny.
          Debbie
          There's always room for another rose in the garden.

Comment

Me too. Unfortunately over the years I have had owners like this call and tell me stories how they did it. Some take the owner's debit cards, or checking books, and spend and yet for the owner they balance the books and checking statements, so the owner isn't looking at EVERY transaction or check written by staff, especially debit cards. So right there that is a big hint to sniff something out. Never stop reviewing your monthly checking account statements. Of course, there is then the hiding the cash payments, anyway. irks me too.

Comment

Tragic but good reminder to owners. Balance your system, you need to know for sure how many services were provided each day, and for what amount, and balance the income for the day. Most employee stealing is not ringing up sales and they pocket the cash ones.

Comment

The sad part is, the owner will never recover lost money. Even if these two go to jail and ordered pay restitution, she will never get full amount back.
                (Now, I wonder if the salon owner can somehow claim the money they stole as income to them so the IRS will go after them for unpaid taxes?)

Comment

I fired a groomer for stealing $20. Imagine $100K. I think I would take out a full page ad telling the story once convicted so all of grooming would know.

Comment

Working...
                  X