plantar fascitis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• plantar fascitis

Anyone have this problem? I finally got some arch supports in my shoes and what a help, but anyone have shoes with built in arch support for grooming?

Yep - I"ve had this problem. It took me quite a while to get it under control. I found the prescription (aka - costly) arch supports were no better than the ones that you can buy at the drugstore. I've never found shoes with arch supports built in just for this condition, but they do make tennis shoes with extra arch support. The key for me is to stretch - a lot - any chance I get. If I feel the slightest tinge in my foot that feels like plantar fasciitis now, I start stretching like crazy and I don't were any of my shoes without some arch support.
    Hoping yours feel better soon.

Comment

Ditto what holisticfitness said, plus I sleep with my feet hanging over the edge of the bed. Stretch every chance you get (bears repeating). Mine always takes a long time to recover from. Hang in there!

Comment

No.. but my husband did. He said it's super painful. He wears Good Feet Orthotics and it went away. I don't have any shoes with good arch support. Ha.. I remember my Grandma had custom made shoes for her feet... and they were those old, witch boot type shoes lolol. She always told me.. if I didn't stop going barefoot.. I'd need those shoes. So... I put my tennis shoes on. Uh.. it's kind of hereditary how your feet are?? And they make better shoes now!!! Oh Grandma.

I do wear good shoes when I groom, though. Hope you can get this resolved.
        Debbie
        There's always room for another rose in the garden.

Comment

Good feet is what my parents used.

Comment

Hard to find shoes today with good arch support so you do have spend more to get it but so worth it.

Comment

I've had PF for many years, and the best thing I found so far is Dr Scholl's inserts that you can get with the machine you step on in the pharmacy dept in some stores. AND Response Gear boots. I need the ankle support when I ride, and they're WATERPROOF! They aren't heavy, and with the inserts, they are sooo comfy!

Comment

I got plantar fasciitis,in one foot 3 years ago, went to three doctors, had boot made, took drugs, had inserts, had numerous injections, foot got a little better, then got it in other foot, did exercises, threw away thousands of dollars in beautiful shoes only to wear nasty looking herman munster shoes, last thing doc said was surgery, I had enough, the pain alone fr om the shots was enough, I read online someone tried fit flops, ( I always wore sneakers for grooming), they CHANGED MY LIFE PEOPLE.. I know wear open toe sandals to work and everywhere else, they are not like fancy shoes, but they have some pretty ones I buy on amazon prime, I have not had any pain for over 1 year, I wore my sneakers once to try and workout, pain started, so forget that. Its something to try, I stand to groom so I was like a flamingo standing on one foot for a long time. Makes you humble that's for sure Mary

Comment

Working...
                X