Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 Dogs Allegedly Die After Being Left in Groomer's Hot Car STORY UPDATE

http://www.local10.com/pets/3-dogs-d...emands-answers
    Coordinators post updates to the message for grooming events, members contests, PG.com Classified Ads, GroomerTALK Radio shows and PG.com Magazine online.

So horrible for that owner.

Comment

I remember the original article, so they are still in denial? It's a tragedy, but seems at least obvious they forget the pets. What else would the investigation result in?

Comment

How could you forget three dogs... this is heartbreaking.

Comment

Sad they don't fess up and let the owners get on with healing.

Comment

New article with picture

http://www.examiner.com/article/woma...omer-s-hot-car (

"Picture of Lancelot, Frida and Sofie - rest in peace"
            Coordinators post updates to the message for grooming events, members contests, PG.com Classified Ads, GroomerTALK Radio shows and PG.com Magazine online.

Comment

Oh what cute dogs, shame.

Comment

I do not understand. I did pick up and delivery for two years. Does not compute. I was so paranoid, all dogs were crated and/or buckled in, I absolutely never left sight of the car and only stepped out of it to pick up/drop off other dogs, and even made sure I had a car that is virtually impossible to lock while running and outside of it. Car was never shut off while making runs. And still I obsessed over all the what ifs. I am generally the most generous person with benefit of doubt because I always figure that there's a lot I don't know, but this really puzzles and saddens me. Were these dogs not groomed during the day, or were they left after grooming? How do you miss three appointments from the day's schedule? Maybe it's because I am not a high volume shop that I can't understand not missing three dogs worth of appointments even if I did (benefit of the doubt in play here) get distracted and temporarily forget dogs in the car (unimaginable, but going to imagine anyway). There is a huge gap of time unaccounted for. What on earth happened?

Comment

It is not okay that this happened. But this facility is not in denial. Not admitting guilt is not the same thing as being in denial. There is no black and white when it comes to legal matters, its all about interpretation, so it makes total sense that this guy can't say anything about it while it's ongoing. People leave CHILDREN in cars, why does it surprise you that this has happened to a groomer. It makes it no less sad, I agree, but people are threatening his LIFE. How is that okay?

Comment

Originally posted by Jane512 View Post
                    It is not okay that this happened. But this facility is not in denial. Not admitting guilt is not the same thing as being in denial. There is no black and white when it comes to legal matters, its all about interpretation, so it makes total sense that this guy can't say anything about it while it's ongoing. People leave CHILDREN in cars, why does it surprise you that this has happened to a groomer. It makes it no less sad, I agree, but people are threatening his LIFE. How is that okay?
                    If they were smart they got an attorney immediately and would have said to them while being investigated you cooperate but say nothing to media and others, only talk to your attorney. There will be a price to pay for the tragedy but as you say no need for lynch mob violence.

Comment

Originally posted by Jane512 View Post
                      I thought about how people leave children in cars. This seems different to me than the most common cases of children being left in cars. I don't mean different in terms of value (ack, no). Like most of the time with kids, people were supposed to drop them off somewhere and then go somewhere else, but just get on autopilot and miss that step. Or they got busy doing other stuff like unloading groceries and just forgot. This would be like if the kid had a hair appointment and the stylist checked the kid in and then lost him or her, just forgot they were there. The stylist's day includes the kid, not a passing off of the kid to someone else. For it to be comparable, it seems like the dogs would have had to be neglected to be dropped off by the owner, not picked up by a groomer whose day outside of transport included these dogs. That's what I don't get.

I'm doing a poor job of explaining why this seems different from the typical child left behind stories, but IMO it just is. Not suggesting it's worse or that anyone deserves death threats. It just seems extra weird instead of just plain weird.

Comment

Probably something distracted them or one, no excuses, and they made a horrible mistake. Fear makes people do strange things because this could end their local careers and cause a huge claim everything they own even depending upon the laws. But how can you explain this without it being their mistake? Who else could be blamed?

Comment

Working...
                        X