I know you do that schnauzer thing...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know you do that schnauzer thing...

What the heck about this dog looks schnauzery?

Just a weird comment from the owner complaining that the hair sticks up in the dogs eyes asking me to cut it shorter. I shave it with a ten on your request, can't go a whole lot shorter. Told her she would need to grow it out if she didn't want it to stick up in their eyes.
    Attached Files

Can't see your attachment but I know what you mean. I've had new clients plop a short haired dog on the counter and say "the last place made him look like a poodle".....Really?! How is that even possible??!!

That is one thing about this job. It's never boring.

Comment

A few weeks ago, I had a lady insist that I trim her yorkie into a schnauzer cut, but "shave the belly." So I shaved the belly, left a tiny bit on the underline, and did what I could with the face (there was hardly any hair, but I did leave eyebrows). She comes to pick up and tells me to get rid of the longer hair on her underline, and get rid of the eyebrows and tiny bit of beard that I left "so she looks like a schnauzer." Basically, she wanted a super short teddy bear trim. I was kind of sad that there were no schnauzers around to compare her to.
      We get a lot of clients who want us to shave down the nose, because that is what constitutes a schnauzer face. *sigh.*

Comment

The picture is of a Shih Tzu not a Schnauzer HUH?

Comment

Originally posted by poodlecsigreen View Post
          Lol, I too have several Shih that the owner insists on calling a TBF a Schnauzery face. I don't get it either.....
          Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

Originally posted by poodlecsigreen View Post
            Exactly my point! I just sat there shaking my head the rest of the groom.

Comment

Wow, just see no resemblance.

Comment

Very cute face

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

Comment

Cockerlvr!!! That is adorable!!! What the ??? Cute dog.. great groom.. and unless I put my Schnauzer glasses on.. this dogs looks like an adorable Shih. Sorry.
                  Debbie
                  There's always room for another rose in the garden.

Comment

That's a fine looking Schnauzer... heck... Westminster material right there

Comment

I'm thinking they are referring to the hair above the eyes, like how a schnauzer has brows. To them this must be too long and they want the eye exposed more. Silly isn't it?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                      X