TV at work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TV at work

My staff asked if they could have a TV at work and I said OK in the lunch room. No! We want it out in the grooming area. Well we play music throughout and I just don't want to hear TV all day. I don't even watch a lot at home, hate commercials. If I was working alone in a shop or van, sometimes, but with all the other busy business, no. They accepted. What do you like about TV at work if you have one?

Um, no way. Not in the groom areas. Productivity will drop and also accidents can happen when you are distracted. I allow my employees to watch Netflix on our shop iPad when there's no work going on.

Comment

We have tv in the lobby for the clients (my own vet does the same) but there is NO WAY I'd have it on in the grooming area. Commercials on the radio are obnoxious enough. I couldn't fathom a day of talk shows and judge Judy. Blech.

Comment

I am by myself & hv a tv in a corner that I cannot see it, but just use it for "white noise". I can see it from my desk, so I can watch the news if I get a quick lunch break, or when I am doing my paper work at the end of the day. If I had employees, a tv in the breakroom only! [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Daytime tv plus commercials is a big no no for our place too.

Comment

I wouldn't want it at work. OK in a lunch room I guess.

Comment

We have one but only with a dvd player to put grooming videos on in grooming area.

Comment

I want to get a TV and either stream or record on DVD a bunch of Jackson Galaxy videos for my clients in our lobby. It would also come in handy here in Oklahoma when we get severe weather. But NOT in the groom room!

Comment

I have a portable DVD player that I bring to work. I'll watch tv shows while waiting for clients. If a client walks in I pause it not only because of the noise but also because some of the shows have delicate subject matter (Law and Order Special Victims Unit, House MD). When working on a dog it is behind me and I listen to it while working. I get sick of the radio playing the same 10 songs over and over again especially that Lucas Graham song. I swear that song is played five times every hour.

Comment

TV with DVD player is one thing, but with broadcast TV programs...but in the end, the commercials would be the worst and distracting.

Comment

I have been considering the idea of having continuous loops of grooming videos playing in the salon for clients and groomers to watch. This was we all learn all day!

Comment

I have a tv with Netflix in the back room. If I have a gap in the day (like a no show), I might catch the news or a daytime fluff show. I have thought about putting it in the main area and having something animal related on during the day, but I'm undecided. I don't feel strongly about it either way. I have no employees, and it would not impact my work. I kind of doubt I will just because I like listening to NPR during the day, anyway.

Tl;dr- I don't feel strongly about a tv in the grooming area either way as long as it's not a distraction. I may or may not have some opinions on content, like if it was something animal related vs. soaps. Also, if it were presented as a salon thing vs. just groomer entertainment. Huh. I guess I do kind of have opinions about it.

Comment

I have a tv in my salon.. it's just me there. And I can't hear it lol! So.. I used to put dvd's of music or soothing sounds in. Then.. I discovered Pandora and little box hahaha. And THEN I discovered cool aquarium dvds!! So I have those going. The dogs aren't interested. I would think if you put on a movie... if your shop is loud, can they even hear it? Or I guess you could say "yes" and put TVLand on lol.

I used to have Animal Planet on sometimes in my house.. but anytime there's a dog in distress..my dogs would get distressed. And if there was a cat distressed.. it REALLy distressed my cats.
                          Debbie
                          There's always room for another rose in the garden.

Comment

Working...
                          X