Totally Unprofessional

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Totally Unprofessional

Seriously, if you are looking for a great job at a great shop and you agree to come in to do a paid working interview and then not show, you are a rude, unprofessional dummy. Thanks for wasting my day off and causing me and my other groomers to handle the additional dogs we scheduled for you.

You had plenty of time to make a phone call or even text me telling me you no longer were interested in the job, but did you do that, NO.

What the hell is wrong with people?? How is this so hard??

Just remember, you reap what you sow and karma will get you.

Thanks, I needed to say that. Carry on.

Scott

Doesn't that just frost ya?! I've had them go one step further, where they are actually hired and don't show up for their first day of work. Yes, a phone call is all it takes.

I have since learned that I never book anything extra for interviews or the first couple days of work. They will work off of my work load. Then if they no-show I'm not stuck with a bunch of extra dogs that are difficult to get finished.

It worked best when I had a poodle and a bichon. They would interview on my dog and if they were a no-show, it was just my dog that didn't get a hair cut. By the way....I don't pay for anyone to do an interview dog. The dog is prepped and ready to finish for them. I have them do One dog.

You are so right. It is rude and unprofessional to not make contact with you. Often times people just don't have any manners, do they.

Comment

To be honest, this is the first time I've had an issue like this.

I would have totally understood if she called me on Saturday and told me she wasn't interested and it would have given me a chance to reschedule.

It really is just very sad that someone thinks that this is acceptable behavior.

Scott

Comment

I have had it happen, and once they called a couple days and asked to reschedule. You must be kidding.

Comment

I had a girl call me requesting a ride along since she was considering accepting a mobile grooming job for a franchise mobile grooming business. We set up the date, and on that day, I waiting 15 extra minutes for her to arrive before I took off......she never called to cancel, nor did she ever call to apologized ............

I don't know how people look themselves in the mirror after being so rude and discourteous..... just another example of a Millennium girl who only thinks about me, me, me.

Happy not wasting me time

Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com

Comment

Being an employer for many years you can experience some of the best and worst of people.

Comment

We had a girl show up for a working job interview (bather) in her pajama bottoms. She might've been very employable otherwise but we just couldn't stop thinking about her choice of attire.

...NEXT!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

It was probably a young millennial and maybe she was too busy buying the latest smart phone to come do the interview. It's probably a good thing cause now you know she's not the one.

Comment

Yup, I have had people do that. I even had one girl that we called when she didn't show up on time and said she was running a bit late but was on her way and was for sure coming. She never showed. I have had I think 3 people no show for their first day of work, no call. Then I had one girl that I hired that worked for me for 5 weeks. only 1 of those weeks did she work a full week, every other week she had an excuse as to why she couldn't work at least one of her booked days.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluedog View Post
                    We had a girl show up for a working job interview (bather) in her pajama bottoms. She might've been very employable otherwise but we just couldn't stop thinking about her choice of attire.

...NEXT!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                    Though I haven't had that, the girl I mentioned show couldn't show up for work most weeks, tried grooming in a spaghetti strap tank top! Or a sweater. The clients can see her grooming from the front. I gave her a smock to use.

Comment

Just went through this trying to hire a bather. Three interview appointments/working interviews -no show/no call.

The first one came in for working interview in slippers and lounge wear (what??), started parking her butt on extra grooming table saying her hips hurt if she stood too long (??)-but her cell phone seemed to make it all better (she's 19 or so) Sent her on out the door,- it drives me crazy that some people can't get their selves in order

Comment

Been there done that too, and yes, even those that say sorry can we try again. Quick answer, no.

Comment

I know this type, and I hate it when a boss gives them another chance. They always end up leaving.

Comment

While I haven't had a lot of jobs I have gotten all I ever applied for and perhaps because I am nothing like what this person did to their possible employer.

Comment

Had someone who seemed eager and excited about job on first day just observe blow drying a cat that just happened to have a lot of stuck shed. The only comment during that time was "this is a lot more time consuming than I thought". She went to lunch and never returned. Fortunately, we didn't book anything extra (she was being hired for our hotel staff and eventual training as a bather), so there were no difficulties with her absence in the afternoon. Good things come with the bad sometimes as we then hired a great employee that is working perfectly with our standards.

Comment

Working...
                              X