Cold stainless steel cages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cold stainless steel cages

Where I worked we put a towel on the floor of the stainless steel cages for pets after their groom, even before sometimes. With AC which we need the metal gets so cold and the dogs love the towels. But where I work now we dont get to do that, just because it has to be washed after each pet. What do you do if you have stainless steel cages?

We have cage inserts so they are not against the cold steel. We do use towels occasionally for some little dogs.

Comment

I put a towel under every dog regardless of cage type. Partly for comfort and partly for absorbency. Washing extra towels is not really an inconvenience to me. Most of my cages are metal with the racks, but that just seems so uncomfortable for little feet. I still put down towels whether solid or plastic or whatever surface, though.

Comment

Same for us, the inserts solved the cold metal issue.

Comment

I put clean white towel double each. Clients ask for tour at my shop sometimes and it looks nice and comfortable. They see we care for dogs)

Comment

What about those foam mats they use for gym flooring? They look like puzzle pieces. I've never used them so I don't know if they would hold up against daily cleaning. But worth a shot.

Comment

The phone can actually hold bacteria. It's a lovely idea but I was told that you have to reseal it somehow and it's the dog scratch at it then you've got a mess. Towser the best answer I found. I put a clean towel in so that every dog that enters in the morning has a fresh cage that towel is changed after they've been groomed so they are going back onto clean towels. Sometimes I put more than one in a cage depending on if the dog wants to punch it up and sleep. As stated above my clients love the fact that the tiles are there and there's a toy in each cage for them. They also like the fact that I use Styrofoam bowls that are disposed of after each dog. Laundry is just a part of doing business with animals.
              Changing the towels and water bowls is the same as sweeping up the floor after each dog. I wouldn't go to the beauty shop that didn't clean it so I wouldn't put my dog grooming salon that didn't stay clean.

Comment

I bought 12 yrds of micro fleece and cut and sewed them to fit all my cages....the dog's love them and they look very nice. They take less space in washer also.
                But....Did anyone but me Google inserts for stainless steel cages? It is a very adult thing that pops up....I was LMAO.
                But be sure the kiddos are not around when you Google it.
                Cyn
                Best in Show Member & Club 10,000
                Last edited by Cyn; 05-04-16, 11:12 AM. Reason: added a warning, lol
                Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

It is the 4th one down.....from Amazon

Comment

You want WHAT??

Originally posted by Cyn View Post
                    But....Did anyone but me Google inserts for stainless steel cages? It is a very adult thing that pops up....I was LMAO.
                    But be sure the kiddos are not around when you Google it.
                    Did you happen to read the reviews for the adult thing? There are some truly strange people in our world.

Comment

Originally posted by BDL View Post
                      Did you happen to read the reviews for the adult thing? There are some truly strange people in our world.
                      I did....there are some strange ppl out there.

Comment

That is one of the reasons I like Clark Cages and Snyder, they are pretty tough enough to last many years but the composite material doesn't get cold like steel.

Comment

We have Clark Cages and love them, never get cold, easy to clean and you can get inserts. We bought them after reading on here years ago they come unassembled at a great discount and it was easy for 2 guys to assemble in a couple hours.

Comment

Agree that the Clark are a best buy. We assembled too, my brother and husband. 12 years ago and still fine.

Comment

Working...
                            X