Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grooming Pets for Almost 40 Years

http://www.courant.com/community/sou...502-story.html

South Windsor pet grooming business, Pupperdoos & Kitties Too, has been around for almost a decade but owner Tammy Tedone has been grooming pets for almost 40 years.

"In order to do this job, you have to love animals more than you love people," Tedone said. "You're going to see them at their worst and see them at their best."

Tedone's daughter, Amber, also helps to run the family-owned business.

Tedone first realized that she wanted to become a pet groomer when she was 14 and saw her dog being groomed professionally on her kitchen table.

She always loved working with animals, but didn't have the patience for the years of college required to be a veterinarian. Luckily, she found a groomer where she could learn on the job training. Tedone never viewed grooming as a job, the California native said.

She admitted that she began working with animals because she could not work with people......
    Coordinators post updates to the message for grooming events, members contests, PG.com Classified Ads, GroomerTALK Radio shows and PG.com Magazine online.

There's a bunch of us on this board that are at or near 40 years also. I'm one of the 40 yearers. Still love what I do, and plan to continue to do it for many more years to come.

I disagree with one point in the article...clippering on old, disagreeable dog is NOT something "any monkey can do". We take pride in doing really nice kennel trims. We also do really nice scissor work....but we charge extra for that...and so often times the clients vote for the neat-and-tidy less expensive trim

Clippering old dogs with their frail bodies and frail skin is a talent. At this point in their lives they need to be comfortable not "pretty" . And it is often impossible to get clients to bring their old dog in often enough to keep it dematted so it can have a longer trim. Kennel trims are a kindness.

Comment

I don't know if a monkey could clipper a dog. I kind of doubt it
      She's overestimating monkeys and underestimating groomers.
      Still, she sounds like she cares about dogs, so as they say in the South, bless her heart.

Originally posted by dogma View Post
      There's a bunch of us on this board that are at or near 40 years also. I'm one of the 40 yearers. Still love what I do, and plan to continue to do it for many more years to come.

I disagree with one point in the article...clippering on old, disagreeable dog is NOT something "any monkey can do". We take pride in doing really nice kennel trims. We also do really nice scissor work....but we charge extra for that...and so often times the clients vote for the neat-and-tidy less expensive trim

Clippering old dogs with their frail bodies and frail skin is a talent. At this point in their lives they need to be comfortable not "pretty" . And it is often impossible to get clients to bring their old dog in often enough to keep it dematted so it can have a longer trim. Kennel trims are a kindness.

Comment

Working...
      X