Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Groomer (not the salon manager) does all of the paperwork?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Groomer (not the salon manager) does all of the paperwork?

At the petsomething where I work as a Pet Stylist Apprentice, one of the groomers has put herself in charge of all the paperwork because she likes it a certain way and (in her opinion) nobody else knows how to do it right. It's been that way since I before I started there, and both the salon manager and the store manager are okay with it. The groomer in charge of the paperwork has never been nor ever wants to be salon manager, but insists on doing all the paperwork. Is this common in corporate pet grooming? I don't have a problem with it; I'm just curious, because in other retail companies where I've worked, the manager was the only one who had access to the paperwork. The other employees weren't allowed to touch it.

It is not proper. That means she has access to all numbers for all employees and it is none of her business who makes what. Now on the other hand she might keep really good "books" maybe not right term. And then on the third hand they apparently have an arrangement

Comment

The salon manager should still keep track of it and review it... BUT I see no problem with it.
      I am a salon manager at corp, and I don't always do the paperwork. In fact, everyone knows how to do the daily paperwork, and whoever has time, completes it and puts it in the proper place. Whoever has time generally means not me, because as a salon manager, there are a lot of tasks that I am responsible for in addition to grooming the same amount of dogs (if not more) than the other pet stylists. If one groomer likes something more, and does it correctly, more power to them. There is some paperwork/tasks that the salon manager should be responsible for, but just daily sales, whoever wants to do it can as long as I know where we are at.

Comment

Another thought however - if the salon manager and/or store management wants only managers responsible for paperwork, you must respect their wishes. Maybe they have had associates do it incorrectly and want to avoid any problems, or they just feel more comfortable doing it themselves.

Comment

I'm a manager in corporate, and you really have to define what you mean by "all the paperwork".

My daily paper work usually gets done by the last groomer of the night. I have one bather who is absolutely OCD about it and generally takes desk work upon herself, so she is micro-managing all the contracts throughout the day. However, I have major paperwork that can only be done by me as there is a password that is not accessible to associates and would be doing commission entries myself as that is a privacy thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Moo View Post
            I'm a manager in corporate, and you really have to define what you mean by "all the paperwork".

My daily paper work usually gets done by the last groomer of the night. I have one bather who is absolutely OCD about it and generally takes desk work upon herself, so she is micro-managing all the contracts throughout the day. However, I have major paperwork that can only be done by me as there is a password that is not accessible to associates and would be doing commission entries myself as that is a privacy thing.
            ^^^^^This^^^^^ That's how it was done when I worked for Corp. I helped my boss with routine paperwork, daily sales, inventory, but when it came to payroll, scheduling, that kind of stuff it was password protected and only she did that.
            It's not what you look at that matters; it's what you see.
            Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by Moo View Post
              I have one bather who is absolutely OCD about it and generally takes desk work upon herself, so she is micro-managing all the contracts throughout the day.
              I suppose it depends on the job. I've had previous jobs at department stores, for example, and only members of management were allowed to do desk work.

Comment

Working...
              X