Best invention ever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best invention ever

Can you imagine if someone cold invent a HV nozzle noise eliminator, Make a fortune. May seem impossible but never say never.

I would prefer Wahl combs to go on a mini bravura or arco for the teeny tinies.

Comment

YES to both ( but especially the mini combs). The baby figura has some but they're plastic and not that good - and not that varied in lengths

Comment

Originally posted by petstimes2 View Post
        Can you imagine if someone cold invent a HV nozzle noise eliminator, Make a fortune. May seem impossible but never say never.
        If you eliminate the nozzle, you will get a quieter environment, plus you will dry your dog faster.....open end hose to the skin........the motor of the dryer can now pull in more air with an open hose end.....its the amount of air flowing over Fluffy, not the condensed speed of a nozzle, that dries the hair.

Plus.......everyone should be wearing ear protection while drying !!!!

Happy being able to hear at age 80

Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com

Comment

Originally posted by Dolly View Post
          If you eliminate the nozzle, you will get a quieter environment, plus you will dry your dog faster.....open end hose to the skin........the motor of the dryer can now pull in more air with an open hose end.....its the amount of air flowing over Fluffy, not the condensed speed of a nozzle, that dries the hair.

But, the hose sans the nozzle doesn't blow out the big hairy guys very well. A molting husky would take much longer to dry without the nozzle.

Comment

That's right. The nozzle is essential in blowing out old undercoat properly. I could not do a Shepherd or Husky with no nozzle. Yeah, yeah, you can rake it at the tub, blah, blah but you still need to concentrate that air on the coat, at least initially, then the nozzle comes off for the last 20 percent.

I don't see how the noise from the nozzle can be reduced because you are forcing a high velocity of air through a small opening. The only way to reduce noise is reduce airspeed and or make the nozzle tip opening larger.

Comment

Originally posted by Dolly View Post

ALWAYS wear ear plugs and safety glasses! Soap or nail dust in your eyes is NOT fun.
              It's not what you look at that matters; it's what you see.
              Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by HowlsOfAngels View Post
                But, the hose sans the nozzle doesn't blow out the big hairy guys very well. A molting husky would take much longer to dry without the nozzle.
                In this case you should do both. Get the dog the majority of the way dry with the condenser cone. Then remove cone and "fluff" dry the rest. Get a very nice soft fluffy finish this way.
                It's not what you look at that matters; it's what you see.
                Henry David Thoreau

Comment

I agree 100% with Tom. Nothing but nothing gets out undercoat like the condenser nozzle. And also agree with the blah blah blah. No way a packed undercoat on a husky comes out in the tub. I'm not gonna rake and rake and rake and kill my shoulder and elbow when that nozzle does a much better and faster job!

Comment

Agree I couldn't wouldn't wanna groom without the nozzles most of the time. Just more work.

Comment

I am very nozzle dependent.

Comment

I agree with almost everything u post, except this. I notice u mention this often and I couldn't disagree more on this subject. It's the velocity that blows the water out. I'll have like 80% of the water out in less than a minute with the nozzle. It's that last 20% or so that takes time to get out. It's like this bottle cap sittin in front of me on the coffee table, I blow at it and it barely moves but if I point a straw at it it blows off the table

Comment

Nozzle hardly even comes off in my rig

Comment

Nozzles are noisy but must say most of the time essential for timing.

Comment

Originally posted by cockerlvr View Post
                              I agree 100% with Tom. Nothing but nothing gets out undercoat like the condenser nozzle. And also agree with the blah blah blah. No way a packed undercoat on a husky comes out in the tub. I'm not gonna rake and rake and rake and kill my shoulder and elbow when that nozzle does a much better and faster job!
                              Yeah, me too. I get that somebody in a seminar with a presumably higher skill level than mine advocates the throwing away of nozzles and just doing it all with the hose, and I'm sure not knocking someone with more skill and experience. I even tried it because I'm all for learning a new trick or tossing conventional wisdom when there's something better, but nah. I'm good with the nozzle AND/OR the hose. It is very rare for me to adopt a one size fits all approach to anything, though. Some dogs go well with just the hose, but my nozzle is still definitely useful. I won't be tossing it. I can think of lots of tools that I use much less frequently, but I'm glad for them when I need them.

Comment

Working...
                              X