Security camera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Security camera

How does anyone feel about working in a place where there are security cameras on in the grooming areas?

I'm ok with it. I know that I'm not doing anything wrong so if a customer complains saying that I hurt their dog, they're welcome to see the tape

Comment

I work with cameras all over the place. Not only are they there for security because there to deal with complaints. Fortunately we don't have any audio, or that would be a problem.
      Seriously, stop a lot of the staff from coming in and using product, taking bandannas, and bows, and trying to pilfer. It's also helped cut down on them using the grooming salon as a place to hide when they should be working.

Comment

I guess it would be based on who watches them? I have seen places where customers can log in and see there pet. Not a fan of that. As you all know, even a gentle groomer occasionally has to hold a fussy dog by their chin hair, or wrestle a little alligator for nail trims... and to the public who may not understand it can look like the groomer is being "cruel." However I don't mind one being on if it's just me who sees it. It is actually nice, that way if a customer says "you let Poochie fall off the table!" You could theoretically show them the video of their dog being perfectly fine on the table. I have them, but I don't make it public knowledge.

Comment

I can deal with it as long as it is for the employer eyes only.

Comment

I have worked in such a place. Closed circuit (only the owners could access to watch in the office), video only. It never bothered me since I'm not the type to hide out in the supply closet or swipe a coworkers 7f blade. I figured it was there for protection from customer accusations. The owners told us about it's presence when we were hired on, and really it was then forgotten about. Grooming in a salon with video was a non event for me.

Comment

I'm ok with it, too. I work alone so I value having them there for liability reasons and for personal safety of myself and the salon in the event of a criminal act against the business. I can see how some would be put off by being videotaped. In reality though, if someone wants to blame anyone of mistreatment or abuse, a video of your work could actually save you from wrongful blame or misinterpretation of your actions. It gives you grounds for proof against false accusations as well. Unless you actually are guilty...LOL
              SO... just don't be guilty. LOL
              Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough. ~Franklin D. Roosevelt
              www.ChrisSertzel.com

Comment

I use one for my lobby. I like that it actually is a way to see what condition a pet was in when they first came in too. Not an up close picture, but not bad either.

Comment

Once I became an owner with staff, the more I liked the idea for the sake of the pets, and would only keep it for my viewing.

Comment

I saw some footage that proved that the business owner didn't do something wrong in the case where a pet escaped the salon. It literally ran to the front, leaped onto the counter and down in the lobby a customer opened the door and it got outside. They did find the dog the next day.

Comment

Working...
                    X