happy when clients listen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• happy when clients listen

last month I groomed a yorkie (first time client) that couldn't seem to hold her urine. peed little puddles throughout the stay with me. I told her mom if this isn't normal please get it checked out. maybe UTI? she took the dog to the vet the next day and turns out little baby has bladder stones...lots of them. on a different diet now, medication, etc. So happy this person actually listened and addressed the situation instead of waiting or doing nothing!

I love when I feel like I've helped alert an owner to things like this. Most people just ignore me and the dog suffers

I feel ya pretzel. These moments that the owner takes what we say to heart always make me feel good, like I made a difference. The customers that don't listen seem so normal, so when someone says thank you it is a very pleasant surprise.

Comment

Oh yeah Pretzel you really helped that little one. Love it.

Comment

That's awesome! Great job you and owner!
        I told a client a few weeks back that her little pup really needed to get it's teeth done. Most clients that would just go in one ear and out the other but when she called me to book her next appointment she had taken the dog to the vet and got 17 of his teeth pulled! His mouth must feel so much better, and he wasn't even that old. I don't think he was over 9 years old. Could you imagine how horrible his mouth would have been if it had been left a couple more years!

Comment

I just had a voice mail from a customer, he has four cocker spaniels, I do them every 4 weeks, 2 each on two different days. Anyway, last time I groomed them, I noticed a lump on the side of one of the girls and pointed it out to the owner, he said they did not see it before and will have it checked. So today he called to tell me we need to reschedule her upcoming appointment because they went to the vet to check this lump out and it turned out cancerous, so it got removed and she has staples and can't have bath for a while. I am glad they took note and went to the vet and got it removed in time. (This is second time I found cancerous lump on the dog and it got removed in time)

Comment

Just had a client in last week, and the dog had an open sore on her cheek, I told her no groom-this dog needs to go to the vet right now. Turns out it was a tooth abscess that finally blew out on the side of her cheek… 21 teeth removed last week Friday. Dog had so much hair on her face the owner never saw it. The week before that, I had a new client come in, and as I was getting down to inspect the dog she said "oh yeah my dog got attacked by another dog today, can you look at his cheek just in case as I don't think it's that bad." Well I looked at it & a chunk of flesh as big as the tip of my pinky was missing and I could see the muscle. I'm said no groom today, off to the emergency vet you go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

reading everyone else's stories really makes me smile. some groomers do not care to tell owners anything, but I think the vast majority of us really do care about the well being of our four legged clients and are willing to speak up if we see something that's not "right."

Comment

It often amazes me that we see and feel things on the dogs we only get to handle every few weeks and the owners don't. Even before starting to groom I knew every inch of skin on my dogs and cats. There wasn't a lump of spot that went unnoticed . They still got sick of had issues but not without my being aware tha something was 'off'.
                Love the owners that come in to see our vets for that reason. There's nothing specific but there is a change in behavior or feeding / peeing/pooping or breath.
                The weight gain and led is something that we as groomers seem to catch better than the owners because there is that time between handlings rather than the gradual daily change.

Good job gang !!!

Comment

Ditto. Over the years so many thanks from clients that listened too.

Comment

I am happy when clients listen, AND employees. Good for you pretzel.

Comment

These are all so satisfying to read I had a dog come in with a cough that sounded suspiciously like heart issue. It was familiar because my elderly dog had the same cough. Vet confirmed it the next day, and medication made him feel better.

Had another elderly dog in for a groom, not acting like herself. Really off. So called owner to come pick up and take to vet. Turns out she had diabetes unknown to them, and had they waited another few hours she might have died!

Can agree about bumps too. Had a dog covered in them, but one looked darker and flaky. Ended up being cancer.

Comment

Working...
                      X