Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone ever bought a table at a grooming show?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone ever bought a table at a grooming show?

Or known someone who has? I'm just curious how much of a deal you get. We need a second electric table and wondering if it's worth a friend picking me one up at the PNW show.

Tom if you read this, do you know if Groomer's Choice had K-9II's in stock in Vegas or do they drop ship from the manufacturer?

I have bought 3 tables, 3 different times at shows.

1) On the last day of the show the vendor didn't want to truck the table back home, I had a small truck, got a fantastic price.

2) Sometimes the tables used in competitions are put up for sale at a discount, and again I had a small truck to take it away and saved sales tax too.

3) I got a good deal like 20% off once and they shipped later to me, but see below.

Realize some shows you won't find large equipment deals like this. Lately at larger shows I have seen the competition tables offer several times.

Comment

Oh yes, I meant the competition tables. I should have been more clear.

Comment

As far as I know, they have plenty of K9 II in stock at the Vegas warehouse. Not sure if they have all colors but they always have dryers in stock. Tables and tubs are iffy. Those are shipped from their South Dakota main location.

As for buying tables at shows, you have to check and sometimes you must purchase the competition tables at the start of the show. Like Super Zoo you must act fast and buy it then you can take it after the show ends. Usually 50 percent discount and they are new, only used for the show comp dogs. Lots of local shops jump on this deal and all the tables sell out quickly. I may try to get one this year. My English Setter may be in the sporting competition this year.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishSetterTom View Post
          As far as I know, they have plenty of K9 II in stock at the Vegas warehouse. Not sure if they have all colors but they always have dryers in stock. Tables and tubs are iffy. Those are shipped from their South Dakota main location.

As for buying tables at shows, you have to check and sometimes you must purchase the competition tables at the start of the show. Like Super Zoo you must act fast and buy it then you can take it after the show ends. Usually 50 percent discount and they are new, only used for the show comp dogs. Lots of local shops jump on this deal and all the tables sell out quickly. I may try to get one this year. My English Setter may be in the sporting competition this year.
          With you grooming?

Comment

Originally posted by cockerlvr View Post
            With you grooming?
            Possibly though my shop groomer wants to use him. I really don't enjoy the pressure even though I know this breed blindfolded. I just don't know if he will be grown out enough to qualify because I actively show him. They say 8 weeks growth to qualify.

Comment

Possibly though my shop groomer wants to use him. I really don't enjoy the pressure even though I know this breed blindfolded. I just don't know if he will be grown out enough to qualify because I actively show him. They say 8 weeks growth to qualify.
              That's cr*ap. Every time I've gone in with a dog with six weeks growth I get lambasted for letting them grow. They don't 'really' mean it. They want you to keep up with stripping etc. I'd say you can get by with 5 weeks and you can keep stripping his back up until a few weeks before.

Comment

That's cr*ap. Every time I've gone in with a dog with six weeks growth I get lambasted for letting them grow. They don't 'really' mean it. They want you to keep up with stripping etc. I'd say you can get by with 5 weeks and you can keep stripping his back up until a few weeks before.
                Thanks for the info. This English is a coat factory. I have to strip him weekly. I can tell you if I left him 8 weeks untouched, it would take the whole contest time limit just to strip him and thin his back coat, let alone do feet, neck, head and drop coat silhouette.

Comment

Thanks for the info. This English is a coat factory. I have to strip him weekly. I can tell you if I left him 8 weeks untouched, it would take the whole contest time limit just to strip him and thin his back coat, let alone do feet, neck, head and drop coat silhouette.
                  As long as it will make a significant difference in what he looks like, that's all they care about. At least in my experience.

Comment

Most tables being used at shows these days are adjustable but not electric or hydraulic and I NEVER remember seeing an electric used at a competition.
                    <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

The electric one I got was a floor model for the show, bought last hour of the show, a PetLift. Some years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Particentral View Post
                        Most tables being used at shows these days are adjustable but not electric or hydraulic and I NEVER remember seeing an electric used at a competition.
                        I'm pretty sure the Super Zoo comp tables are electric and sponsored by Ryan's. Someone from our local Setter club bought one last year and it was electric.

Comment

I just bought mine in October from the Orlando show. There were electrics being used for competitions and sold, but I preferred hydraulic for my grooming trailer. I got a really good deal!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Actually I have bought 3 different tables at Groom Expo in Hershey. I really like both of the tables I bought from Ryans. Just make sure you know exactly which style table you will be getting. You also need a vehicle big enough to get your purchase home.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Comment

I bought one years ago at Intergroom. They shipped it to the West Coast and I still saved money on it. It was one of the competition table. And yes, speak up for one first thing, they go Fast!

Comment

Working...
                              X