Business is great this Spring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Business is great this Spring

Been a couple weeks since checking and have to catch up on trivia! We have been slammed this Spring and booked out pretty much next 4 weeks. Anyone else? We did get 2 great dogs OAY style for the rags to riches contest!!

Oh, yes! It's that magical time of the year where all the dogs that "went missing" in the Fall are returning home. "She went missing about eight months ago, but glory be and hallelujah, she done come back. We thought she was a goner. She sure is a mess, though." It's like there is some mass canine Fall migration. Every. Year. One lady consistently claims year after year, "Mexicans got him." For whatever reason, these random Mexicans let him go every Spring, all matted and filthy, but every Fall, he is certain to be kidnapped by some other random Mexicans. It is such an inevitability that she doesn't even bother trying to contain him. It's just going to happen no matter what. Some dogs are kidnapped in Fall by angry exes and revenge-neglected until Spring when they are returned to their doting owners who can't wait to get them in to the groomer. A few were cared for by negligent relatives while the owners wintered in the hospital fighting for their lives with an illness that only Spring can cure. Most dogs, though, simply vanish without a trace until their Spring return. Like some kind of canine rapture except come Spring, God is all, "lol, jk." Every year.

Just me? With the mass canine migration/rapture in Fall and ritualistic Spring return? Where do they go? They always seem otherwise well taken care of, like not starving or anything. Just horribly matted. It would have made a great X Files episode.

Anyway, yeah. Lots of OAY inquiries.

Comment

Haha!! Always interesting what the story will be behind the filthy matted mess. Got one today that just made me really sad though. Even with the crazy excuse. Besides the matting the poor thing was infested in ticks. Had sores and scabs from God knows what. Owner didn't seem to flustered by it though. seemed like what I was trying to explain about ticks and time frame between grooms was going in one ear and out the other.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Totally Clips View Post
        Oh, yes! It's that magical time of the year where all the dogs that "went missing" in the Fall are returning home. "She went missing about eight months ago, but glory be and hallelujah, she done come back. We thought she was a goner. She sure is a mess, though." It's like there is some mass canine Fall migration. Every. Year. One lady consistently claims year after year, "Mexicans got him." For whatever reason, these random Mexicans let him go every Spring, all matted and filthy, but every Fall, he is certain to be kidnapped by some other random Mexicans. It is such an inevitability that she doesn't even bother trying to contain him. It's just going to happen no matter what. Some dogs are kidnapped in Fall by angry exes and revenge-neglected until Spring when they are returned to their doting owners who can't wait to get them in to the groomer. A few were cared for by negligent relatives while the owners wintered in the hospital fighting for their lives with an illness that only Spring can cure. Most dogs, though, simply vanish without a trace until their Spring return. Like some kind of canine rapture except come Spring, God is all, "lol, jk." Every year.

Just me? With the mass canine migration/rapture in Fall and ritualistic Spring return? Where do they go? They always seem otherwise well taken care of, like not starving or anything. Just horribly matted. It would have made a great X Files episode.

Anyway, yeah. Lots of OAY inquiries.
        That is so funny, Totally Clips, you should write a book.

Comment

So glad I don't deal with that anymore. It's just heartbreaking. I'm not sure why, but my spring is super busy too. It doesn't make sense to me, because most of my clients are booked all year on a consistent basis. Those that aren't book when I'm at their house for their next appointments. Yet, I did the math the other day and I'm slated for a banner month money wise. For some reason, I am working from last Tuesday through the end of the month without a single day off.

Comment

VERY busy Spring for me too. No complaints i remember the startup days hoping for any business and so I say thank you send me more whenever things are going well. Rather turn away or refer so whomever is listening, it's ok to send more, thank you.

Comment

Glad to hear others are doing well too.

Comment

Crazy busy! I am grooming on my own for the first time at a doggy daycare. Been there since January. The previous groomer was not well liked so I don't think they got a lot of rebooks. Now, I have a ton of rebooks and new clients. My boss asked me to be on the lookout for a new groomer.

I'm 7 months pregnant and I can only groom 5 dogs or so a day. I'm finishing up grooming school (had to cut down to one day a week) and torn between picking up another day or taking it off to give myself a break. I work Tues-Fri and every other Saturday. I love my new place do much! I just wish I had more energy.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Comment

Crazy busy here too. Hope to see some of you get in the rags to riches contest with some OAYs that might come in.

Comment

We are busy getting offers of overtime too.

Comment

things and blooming crazy here

Comment

Loving this Spring, almost like Christmas

Comment

I said it was crazy a few days ago, we are booked out 4 weeks in advance right now. What is going on? No extra help available and already doing one evening. No complaints other than I don't like to make people wait. We might have an extra bather come out of retirement next week, PLEASE.

Comment

Working...
                          X