Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Obviously I should be able to read minds...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obviously I should be able to read minds...

Dodged a bullet I think. Guy comes in with a new shih tzu puppy (very young, about 12 weeks) at 11:30 for noon apt. So I ask him how he wants the puppy done. He wants to know what we usually do. So I tell him for the first time usually brush/bath blah blah. No, he wants a haircut, the hair's already too long. I say I can do a haircut but we don't generally recommend it for the first time. He wants to know why and as I'm trying to explain he says that if I can't do a haircut he'll find someone who can. I figure I can do that, looks like a good pup, so I ask how long he wants it. He wants a puppy cut. So I explain that there's no standard "puppy cut" blah blah and try to find out how long he wants it. So then he's like "what do you usually do?" I try to explain that it's what the owner wants and we can go anywhere from full-length to completely naked blah blah and he's like "I didn't think it would be this complicated, let's just forget it". Takes his pup and walks out.

Not gonna miss that one as a client.

Sheeze, what a idiot! Yep, you dodged a bullet with that one.
    Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

Geez! I think he did expect you to be a mind reader!

Comment

That one would take a lot of patience.

Comment

I had a client do this to one of our groomers. She asked for the salon manager when the groomer was trying to explain the same thing about a puppy cut not being a particular length. When I came up, she accused the groomer of being new, and told me that I MUST know what a puppy cut is. My response was (with a smile) "Well, a puppy cut usually just means one length all over, but sinse it is not anything specific, we have to see what length you want, and if you want the tail and ears any particular way." The lady frowned and said that HER groomer always knew what to do, and just did the puppy cut. I asked her if it was just short smooth and she popped up with "OH NO!!! If you are just going to shave her, I will go elsewhere." She said this while walking out the door, no chance for us to say anything.

Comment

I have had several new clients be shocked that I actually ask them what they want done on their dogs. They always say 'no one ever asked me what I wanted they just took the dog and groomed it' Luckily they all were happy that I asked not mad!

Comment

Originally posted by kaida714 View Post
              I had a client do this to one of our groomers. She asked for the salon manager when the groomer was trying to explain the same thing about a puppy cut not being a particular length. When I came up, she accused the groomer of being new, and told me that I MUST know what a puppy cut is. My response was (with a smile) "Well, a puppy cut usually just means one length all over, but sinse it is not anything specific, we have to see what length you want, and if you want the tail and ears any particular way." The lady frowned and said that HER groomer always knew what to do, and just did the puppy cut. I asked her if it was just short smooth and she popped up with "OH NO!!! If you are just going to shave her, I will go elsewhere." She said this while walking out the door, no chance for us to say anything.
              I*'d like a drink*

"sir we have a few different beverages to choo..."
              *NO, WHY IS THIS SO COMPLICATED... BEVERAGE DON'T MESS IT UP*

Waiter brings water -
              "PFFFFFFSSSHHHHH WTF IS THIS! I WANTED COLA WHATS WRONG WITH YOU IDIOT!"

There are 10 different puppy cuts with a million variations, tell me what you don't want and I won't do that

Comment

Originally posted by DogGamut View Post
                I*'d like a drink*

"sir we have a few different beverages to choo..."
                *NO, WHY IS THIS SO COMPLICATED... BEVERAGE DON'T MESS IT UP*

Waiter brings water -
                "PFFFFFFSSSHHHHH WTF IS THIS! I WANTED COLA WHATS WRONG WITH YOU IDIOT!"

There are 10 different puppy cuts with a million variations, tell me what you don't want and I won't do that
                ^^^LIKE^^^

Comment

Like when they go to the hairdressers, they ask what they usually do ?! Lololol

I usually ask what kind of cut they want, if they don't know what they want neither do I!
                  You should get a cuts book so they can see in front of them, the different kind of cut, I use it when they are getting too confuse!

Comment

Ugh! People act like saying "puppy cut" is some insider technical term that makes them sound knowledgeable. I always ask "so how old do you want that puppy? Three weeks, two months, six months?" Kind of puts the ball back in their court in a humorous way without actually saying "you are clueless". I bet he'll appreciate your consultation after another shop gives him the "one week puppy cut" when he really wanted more hair left on the dog.

Comment

Had a customer like this....best thing I did was recommend he find another groomer. [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

When i Go into the barbers and ask for a buzz cut they still ask how short, if i want a square or rounded in the back and how high i like my sideburns.

Comment

Should have just bathed / brushed. There's your puppy cut. It is after all a puppy. Lmao. People are crazy sometimes

Comment

He just wasn't prepared for all the questions. He thought this would be an easy thing, to just drop off the dog. I get clients like that too. 9 times out of 10 they are men....and the wife sent them to take the dog in.

You can see it in their eyes that they are thinking "oh! I don't know. What does the wife want? If I answer wrong I'll get in trouble"

You can tell they are flustered and embarressed. And sometimes it's just easier to take the dog and run. (I've been in similar situations. Just didn't realize...)

I will often joke with them "You didn't realize there was going to be a test did you?" And then I'll say "Would you like me to call your wife and see what she wants? Then you won't get in trouble"

The relief that comes over their faces is classic. They are so thankful that you understand.

So, try that next time. You'll make someone's else's day easier

Comment

Originally posted by dogma View Post
                              He just wasn't prepared for all the questions. He thought this would be an easy thing, to just drop off the dog. I get clients like that too. 9 times out of 10 they are men....and the wife sent them to take the dog in.

You can see it in their eyes that they are thinking "oh! I don't know. What does the wife want? If I answer wrong I'll get in trouble"

You can tell they are flustered and embarressed. And sometimes it's just easier to take the dog and run. (I've been in similar situations. Just didn't realize...)

I will often joke with them "You didn't realize there was going to be a test did you?" And then I'll say "Would you like me to call your wife and see what she wants? Then you won't get in trouble"

The relief that comes over their faces is classic. They are so thankful that you understand.

So, try that next time. You'll make someone's else's day easier
                              Lol, this made me laugh but oh so true. If they don't take offense, I too will just ask them if they want me to call the wife....or sometimes I just ask questions about what their needs are and just run with it as I see fit. They are always told at pick up if any changes need to be made next appt, plz make note of them and we can change it (providing coat condition allows it).
                              Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

Working...
                              X