What do you do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you do?

I'm so frustrated and not sure what to do... I go to a local doctors office and groom the doctors dog there. Their first appointment was 6 weeks ago and the dog turned out perfect. They prebooked and I showed up there today. I made notes of everything I used last groom, but the dog turned out so much different. It's almost like his coat got "fluffier" since the last time. He's a terrier shihtzu mix. Last time his hair was more "terrier" like!! I'm not happy with the groom, and unfortunately the doctor was with a patient and I had to leave him with the receptionist so I'm not sure what she thinks. How do you handle it when you aren't happy with the groom, even if the customer seems happy with it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ask them if they'd like anything trimmed or changed.. the reason is that I will always see imperfections here or there when they owners think its perfect. So far no complaints

Comment

This is today's cut...
      This was last appointment...

Same guard comb used... Only difference was mom asked me to leave the head alone because the liked the length.

Comment

Same here...I always ask if the client likes the groom and if they want me change anything before they leave. Had a Yorkie/ShihTzu today with 5 " of Yorkie hair that was trimmed to 1". The hair direction was every which way which aggravates my A.D.D. - lol. Owner thrilled, but I was less than thrilled as they left. Something I am still working on and the whole perfection perception.

Comment

That's probably why it doesn't look good to you.. because the face is longer! I think it looks terrific.
          Debbie
          There's always room for another rose in the garden.

Comment

Looks fine to me, the only thing I can think of that may make a difference is you may need to clean (sharpen) and oil your #30 blade that goes to your SOC

Comment

Even though the owner says "leave the head alone", I always do a "touch up".......especially around the eyes. I comb the hair down over the eyes and with my curves, trim away. I also take my clippers and trim the hair around the inner eye area and a #30 under the nose (to prevent hair from getting into the teeth). I also trim the muzzle to even out the area. I also may use my thinners on top of the head to give it some shape. I also trim the bottom of the ears. I've left the length on the top of the head, to please Mom, but trimmed everything else so that 6 weeks later, the dog can still see and doesn't look like a mess.

Happy pleasing Mom

Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com

Comment

When they say "don't touch to the tail" I don't cut it, but when they say "let the head longer or leave it" I always cut it a little, because brushing makes hair looking longer so when the dog is dirty, the hair are flat but when he's clean and brushed out hair look longer! So I always use my thinner shear too, that look natural but not too long!

Comment

I always ask, but generally the client doesn't see what we see, and they are usually satisfied.

That being said, if the dog was worry before, clipping it would change the texture and make it more cottony.

Comment

Today I had a papillon x Russell mix she had soft hair like a spaniel, I started to groom her about 2 years ago, first time I only did paws trim then owner wanted short everywhere I warned her about how hair will grow back, and after 3 grooms (cut with clipper) her started to get more cottony > look by yourself she never had wire hair

Comment

Originally posted by DogGamut View Post
                      I ask them if they'd like anything trimmed or changed.. the reason is that I will always see imperfections here or there when they owners think its perfect. So far no complaints
                      ^^^^^This^^^^!!!
                      Cyn
                      Best in Show Member & Club 10,000
                      Last edited by Cyn; 04-06-16, 11:53 AM.
                      Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

Working...
                      X