Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fired a really weird client today (warning - long)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fired a really weird client today (warning - long)

In front of the front staff as witnesses,
    Not the first time this oddball has created drama
    She started off coming in because she was "unhappy with her last groomer". We get a lot of people saying that so it doesn't really make an impression. But while she was filling out the paperwork to drop off the dog and provide copies of her information so they could establish a file at the hospital for the pet she steadfastly refused to sign any documentation. Her reasoning – "I'm a law student and I know how to sign legal documents and I'm going to read everything before I sign it you can't make me sign anything. "
    We got over that hurdle and I took the dog for grooming. The poor dogs feet were so infected that even walking she left bloody paw prints. I tried to do her nails and it was so painful for her to have her feet touch that she screamed. Her nails were in circles and growing into her pads as well. She was also filthy and method beyond belief. Took care of all of that owner came to pick up and claimed property so, in the best interest of the pet, I charge for the minimal amount and told her she needed to get the medical aspect taken care of. Took a while but she did it and the dog healed up. Cute duck. Very sweet dog. Meanwhile every 4 to 6 weeks the owner would make an appointment drop the dog off, and then start calling within 75 minutes to see if the dog was done yet. Even after being told to drop off what time she could expect to pick up.
    She finally started sending her daughter in to drop the dog off – the surliest human being I have ever met in my life. Daughter tried to treat the front desk staff as servants, was put in her place by one of them, and no longer will bring the dog yet. Son starts bringing the dogs in for grooming. He's a nice young man good matters, and totally understands what he lives with.
    Unfortunately (For us) he got accepted to a colldge several hours away and is only around on school holidays and weekends.
    Last month, The owner missed her scheduled appointment. When the front desk staff called her to reschedule she insisted that she did not have a Friday appointment that she had a Saturday appointment and would be bringing the dog yet on Saturday. I was overbooked already, and said that I would not be repairable to do the dog. She arrive Friday afternoon without the dog to argue about the fact that I "would groom her dog on Saturday ". Her reasoning for this was that she would never have made a Friday appointment that she had to take her son to the airport on Friday, and she would never schedule Friday appointments because she has to work on Fridayz. Unfortunately, we had two separate staff that documented that she had a Friday appointment. And even included the times that she had called to confirm the appointment for Friday. I refused to take time out of my busy day to argue with her she actually spoke to the assistant manager that day. He, in order to get her to shut up and leave, offered her a free bath in the kennel for the following day. An offer which she never took I refused to take time out of my busy day to argue with her she actually spoke to the assistant manager that day. He, in order to get her to shut up and leave, offered her a free bath in the kennel for the following day. An offer which she never took off up. Instead she chose to call back on that following Monday and schedule a – wait for it – Friday appointment.

Today – she was the last person to drop off her dog, and did so at the very last minute before the cut off time, and she started calling within three hours to see if her dog was done. In the month since the dog had last been groomed they had apparently never touched it with a brush. Pet was matted/pelted on her chest, underbelly, and the tail was a rock solid mess. When she arrived to pick up the Pat (three hours after she was called to be told the pet was ready) she started arguing about the price. Knowing that she has financial issues, I am a charge for an additional eight dollars to de-mat and finish grooming that dog. While I was working on my last dog of the day the front called into my room to let me know that the owner it was challenging the charges. By that point I was no longer able to be even minimally gracious. Told them over the intercom (it's on the phone system) that she was to pay the price written down, and if you continue to argue about it they could tell her that this was the last time I would take care of the pet ever. Wouldn't you know it? She waited until I finished the last dog so that she could talk to me in person.
    I made the decision to speak to her in front of the other staff as witnesses said she has a remarkable penchant for hearing only what she wants to hear and how she wants to hear it. The very first thing she started with was to tell me that the front desk had lied to me about her not wanting to pay The price of $58. My response to her was that I must of been so tired that I made a mistake in writing down the price and it should've been $85. That made her take half a step back and slow down a little bit on her "the front desk lied to you."
    I won't even try to go into the continual back-and-forth of her whining and complaining about the front desk staff and how they lie and mistreat her." Suffice it to say my closing comment to the entire discussion was, "Ms ------, enough. I am not going to continue with this drama every time you wish to bring your dog enough. I am not going to continue with this drama every time you wish to bring your dog in for grooming. She is very sweet pet, and I will be sorry not to see her again, but I think you and I will be much happier if you find another groomer and another place to go. Thank you very much, I'm very happy that we got her feet in good health again, I wish you all the best with your next groomer." As she was at the door to leave the building I made sure that the front desk staff knew that they were not to book any more appointments for her.

My reception staff actually thanked me for standing up for them. They don't always think I'm the nicest person since I do hold their feet to the fire if they screw up. They don't need to deal with nut jobs like that, I don't need the stress that I feel every time I see the name on the list, so we ended it.

I never would've had the courage to do this without being on this forum for as long as I have been. Thank you all for giving me a real backbone and getting rid of crazy clients that just cause stress

Doesn't it feel good to breathe

Comment

I have a headache just reading it. Good riddance!! Some people just need to chill out.

Comment

It's great to have new sweet additions... but sometimes it's also great to have the blessed subtractions. Nicely done

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk

Comment

She sounds exhausting! I feel sorry for her poor sweet dog. How tragic that she is training her daughter to be a mini-me. Obviously the definitions of "service personnel" and "subservient " are blurred in her world. Good for you for setting her straight!

Comment

Great job Honey for how you handled this client & backing up your staff. I feel horrible for that poor dog.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You did handle it fine and like others are saying I agree you don't need this headache.

Comment

Wow seems like lots of crazies lately, I hope it is not open season and I am due one!

Comment

Not that it really matters with this client but though I'd say I had a new client tell me that her husband is an attorney and he told her not to sign a contract without him first looking it over. I didn't skip a beat and suggested she was welcome to take it home for her husband to review and that we can reschedule her Doodles for my next available appointment which is in two weeks. She signed it.

Comment

Originally posted by BeeJL View Post
                    Not that it really matters with this client but though I'd say I had a new client tell me that her husband is an attorney and he told her not to sign a contract without him first looking it over. I didn't skip a beat and suggested she was welcome to take it home for her husband to review and that we can reschedule her Doodles for my next available appointment which is in two weeks. She signed it.
                    LOL!!! Great response, BeeJL!!
                    Debbie
                    There's always room for another rose in the garden.

Comment

Perfect BeeJL

Comment

Working...
                      X