Grooming without power.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grooming without power.

I was on my two last dogs of the day, little shih-tzus, #4cc all over, both were bathed and dried, I was almost done grooming the first one, when the lights went out. My first thought was something blew the breaker (even though I was not running any dryers, just my clipper and clipper vac), then we saw our neighbors from the tattoo shop getting out, one of them came over, asking if our lights were out. Anyway, they looked it up on APS website and found out that the lights will be out until 8:45 or 9 pm.
    So glad I have five Bravuras laying around, I was able to finish the grooms. I did have to move to the bathing room so I can open the back door to get in some light, and my drying table does not go high enough, so I had to sit down to groom. I sit down to dry but never to groom. And it was not too bad; previously I thought I will never be able to groom while sitting down, well, now I know it is possible.
    So, I was able to finish the groom with cordless clippers, but not being able to use clipper vac sucked! I forgot how I groomed without one. All that hair!
    (By the way, as soon as I was done with clipping and had only scissoring left to do, the power came back on)

Love my cordless!! Good for you for being so calm and cool with all that going on.
    Even though it's a once 'every hundred years ' type of event I purchased two LED powered headlamps. You wear them on your head and they move so you have a hands free light to work with. Even when there is power I sometimes have a hard time seeing under standards and some midsize all black dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by HoneyandChewiespal View Post
      Love my cordless!! Good for you for being so calm and cool with all that going on.
      Even though it's a once 'every hundred years ' type of event I purchased two LED powered headlamps. You wear them on your head and they move so you have a hands free light to work with. Even when there is power I sometimes have a hard time seeing under standards and some midsize all black dogs.
      The headlamps is a good idea! Good thing it was not 6pm in winter, would have been dark outside, so I will have to check into some kind of "cordless" illumination.

Comment

Oh my gosh I never thought of head lamps! I have a small led push light about the size of a quarter I put under dark dogs. Will so try that out

Comment

That's awesome everything worked out for you! I've been there before: in the middle of summer, many grooms left to do (wash, dry and finish). The AC stops working, the dog in the tub full of shampoo & the pump to the water (well water) stops working as also! I will never miss those days!! I so very grateful the owner of our building installed a generator after too many times of the power going out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The new LED lanterns last like 60 or more hours and run on just 2 or 3 batteries and are cheap. Get a couple, pretty awesome efficiency. We also have one wind up one that isn't as bright but if batteries dead, it works.

Comment

Working...
            X