Groom service refund

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Groom service refund

Hi all. Thanks is advance for your input.
    I am in need of refunding groom service to a client. This would be the first time I've needed to do so.

Input and suggestions...
    They paid in cash including a tip. I will refund all using a business check.
    Rather than just slapping the check in an envelope and putting it on the mail box... How would you all make this whole process professional and through?
    The groom fee was $75 and tip was + $10
    So $85 needs to be refunded.

Would include a type written letter? If so what all would you include in the letter.
    Pet name, date of service,
    Reason for refund? Or just stating this is Refund for services rendered on said date..

I haven't needed to do this before so any input is appreciated!

Thanks much!

Why the refund ?

Happy explaining this

Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com

Comment

I have never done this either but off the top of my head I would think of this as 1) documentation for your records for the Internal Ripoff Service (so name, date of service, reason for refund etc. and 2) a restoration of goodwill. It is impossible to make everyone happy all the time. I would include a typewritten professional looking note to that effect.

Comment

Why are you refunding? Was the dog cut have scratches or what? Personal and professional to me would have them come in . In the forme of a business check.

Comment

Depending on why I would like also have them bring the dog for inspection by m3 to see If refund is warranted

Comment

We need more information here. Is this a client you want to keep?

I have refunded money before, and each situation is different and is handled differently.

Personally, if it's a "I'm so sorry and I want to keep you as a client" situation, I would send a handwritten note/card with the refund check.
            If it's the "here's a refund, I hope your happy with the new groomer your going to need to find", then typewritten would be the way I'd go.

Comment

Thanks everyone!
              Whether or not this is a direct result from the grooming session, or that i caused this, I will still send a refund.
              I am mobile. I have not seen the dog after the groom last week. Woman I suppose is very busy as she is hard to get ahold of, taking a while to respond back to me either via phone VM or text. She said last week on Friday that a couple hot spots developed after groom on last Tuesday. Dog has sensitive skin and itchy already... Anyway, Didn't hear back all weekend until yesterday... However I have just decided to return the grooming fee plus tip. I suggested go to a vet, I suppose she is not going to do that. She is unhappy, I don't know if I caused this, I will refund anyway..

In any case.... I guess the letter/ note could be very simple...
              I am probably over thinking it.
              I just don't want to make it sound it they are lying or I am saying I'm at fault... Want to refund, she is unhappy..

Thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

It was a new client.
                Not someone that would be regular.. An old dog with sensitive, problem skin.
                Thanks! I do think the typed written letter is best..

Comment

Do not say you are at fault. Simply suggest that she take the refund to use at her vet to help her dogs hot spots. Ask her to stay in touch with you with the out come from the vet so that you use the best shampoos and grooming techniques if she wishes to schedule future grooming appointments with you..

Comment

Originally posted by poodlecsigreen View Post
                    Do not say you are at fault. Simply suggest that she take the refund to use at her vet to help her dogs hot spots. Ask her to stay in touch with you with the out come from the vet so that you use the best shampoos and grooming techniques if she wishes to schedule future grooming appointments with you..
                    Thanks!
                    Good suggestions for you, and all!!!

Comment

Originally posted by dogma View Post
                      We need more information here. Is this a client you want to keep?

I have refunded money before, and each situation is different and is handled differently.

Personally, if it's a "I'm so sorry and I want to keep you as a client" situation, I would send a handwritten note/card with the refund check.
                      If it's the "here's a refund, I hope your happy with the new groomer your going to need to find", then typewritten would be the way I'd go.
                      Thanks!!

Comment

I would not refund anything ...send her down the road to another groomer. I would bet she has pulled this stunt before.
                        Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

So she is that hard to get a hold of. .. hmm... sounds fishy. Did she sign release waiver? How was the dogs skin when you saw it? There are so many variable s to this.

Comment

What poodlescigreen said. Do not admit culpability since more than likely you did nothing wrong. If the pet is known to have sensitive skin she should have requested it provided the necessary medicated shampoo. If you have never had any other grooms react this way be confident that you did all you could. Frankly, I commend you for feeling the way you do - a testament to your professionalism. Just please be careful of how you phrase the note. If this is a scheme on he owners part you don't need to give them any additional info to turn against you.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dusty Muzzle View Post
                              So she is that hard to get a hold of. .. hmm... sounds fishy. Did she sign release waiver? How was the dogs skin when you saw it? There are so many variable s to this.
                              That's what I'm thinking. If she truly thinks you caused this to her beloved pet, she will not be too busy to reply to you. And, she would go to the vet without it being suggested by you.

Comment

Working...
                              X