Any suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any suggestions?

I co-own a grooming salon and found out recently all three of the groomers are opening their own shops and my partner is wanting to leave to open a doggie daycare. We are a totally busy shop and I am feeling overwhelmed with the thought of doing this all on my own. I have not had a decent nights sleep in weeks. Has anyone else ever had to start out again on their own? I would not be so worried if my rent was not so high.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ease the stress
    Make a list of the things you need to get cleared up and then tackle them one at a time

Do you want to have three groomers ? If yes, hire and get it in place. If no, ease off the client list and keep your own clients.
    Who owns the client list? If you - then making that clear to your groomers will ease their desire to leave.

Is your partner asking you to buy out their half of the business? If yes, then you need to see a liar. If no, you need to see a lawyer. You need clarification in a partnership.

Is your rent based ona flat monthly fee or fee and percentage of sales? Can you look at renegotiating with your landlord?

These are just a few things I think of - sure you have others.
    If you tackle things one at a time they become manageable rather than an avalanche of issues that roll over top of you.

Comment

Originally posted by HoneyandChewiespal View Post
      Is your partner asking you to buy out their half of the business? If yes, then you need to see a liar. If no, you need to see a lawyer. You need clarification in a partnership.
      Liar, lawyer, same thing isn't it?? LMAO That was great.

I apologize to the OP, but I just couldn't leave that one alone....the thought occurs that if you have the location, the reputation and the majority of the clients, you're not the one who's starting over - everyone else is. The better question though, why is everyone jumping ship? There must be a core problem - have you figured out what it is yet? I'm sure you wouldn't want this scenario to repeat itself in the future.

Comment

I wonder if some are going to go work for your partner actually.

Comment

Working...
        X