What does an assistant groomer do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does an assistant groomer do?

Seems like everyone has their own idea of what an assistant does?

Yeah, I guess it would depend on who they're assisting. I'm sure there's plenty of variances

To me, an assistance would help me bathe dogs, and do the prep work
    amanda
    ~You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who cannot pay you back~

Comment

We modeled ours after from problems to profits book job description. Ours does bather work and assistant work would be taking coats off and increasingly learning patterns and scissoring.

Comment

For me an assistant would do pretty much anything needed without use of clippers or scissors. At least at first. Once they are able to bathe and dry , do proper check in /out clean and make the shop run smoothly then they would be trained on prep work. Once they are at a point to do basic maintenance trims they are given a new comb short pair of scissors and a brush. They buy their own equipment from there and we go to town training full trims.

Comment

My assistants are bathers, but they do shavedowns, they furminate, neaten scissor feet and pads, bun and bow, and later they get to do more styling training.

Comment

Working...
          X