Does this look like a cut to you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does this look like a cut to you?

A customer with 5 afghan hounds texted me a week after her appointment saying that she heard her dog screaming during the groom (we are mobile) and now sees a cut. I asked her to send me a pic. This does not look like a cut to me. Certainly not one caused by a clipper. My groomer said nothing out of the ordinary happened and that 2 of her dogs do scream during the dryer. I believe him. He's one of the most gentle and honest groomers I've met. She will not stop arguing with me and said a hairdresser looked at it and said it was caused by a clipper... Yeah ok. She also said it was by a mat. These dogs were heavily matted. I told her of the risks involved in matting etc etc but too much time has passed for me to tell. She hasn't asked for money or anything- didn't go to a vet- not sure what she wants. For my own curiosity does anyone think this looks like a clipper cut? It looks like either a healing wound or a growth to me. Either way she waited a week to say anything and whatever this is it is clearly healing. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hard to tell..kinda looks like the dog has been scratching at it...but it should have bled if it was a cut (clipper or shear) that large. Where on the dog is it located at?
    Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

It's really hard to tell from the photo. But you're correct in thinking that it looks like something that's already well on the way to healing. It could've been a clipper nick That's the truth. It could also have been something that the dog worried at after grooming. It could have been a growth that the clipper exposed or irritated during grooming. It could've been a growth that the dog managed to scratch open after grooming. It could even be an insect bite the dog scratched. Depending upon where it is on the body it could be many things. Without practicing medicine tell her to put some Neosporin on it and if it doesn't get any better go to a that the clipper exposed or irritated during grooming. It could've been a growth that the dog managed to scratch open after grooming. It could even be an insect bite the dog scratched. Depending upon where it is on the body it could be many things. Without practicing medicine tell her to put some Neosporin on it and if it doesn't get any better go to A vet and have it looked at. And then let her know that the next time she sees something on a dog after grooming to not wait a week. Also let her know that after week most things that occurred during grooming are well on the way to healing if not completely healed.

Comment

Doesn't really look like it to me... also, over the years none of the dogs I have nicked have ever "screamed." Now the pugs for nail trims... they scream lol!

Comment

Thanks everyone! It is located on the belly near an armpit and he was matted there. She seems to just want to argue with me! I'm being super nice but it's annoying- she isn't asking for money or seemingly anything but won't stop sending me argumentative texts saying my groomer caused that. Like you all said it could be many things and it's been too long to know now that it's healing. I'm going to have to go with my gut on this and trust my groomer but I wanted some feedback so thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I vote for a growth that was exposed and/or irritated.

The professional thing to do would be to politely offer to pay the Vet bill *if* the Vet feels you might be responsible. The fact of the matter is you weren't there, so you can't argue it didn't happen. Flat out denying it only makes you look bad.

I'm looking at this from the client's perspective; A sore appeared after grooming. Dog was screaming, groomer must've done it.

If you feel this client is just a trouble-maker, pay the vet bill (which probably won't be more than an office visit) and decline their business in the future.

Comment

Given the location I would say yes it is very possibly a nick from a clipper. Well on it's way to healing, and I would just say I'm sorry but this can happen when dogs are matted.

Comment

Obviously it wasn't that bad for her to not have noticed until an entire week later

Comment

Since it is under front leg and dog was matted in this area it could definitely be a nick from the clippers. It may have not bled and the dog scratched at it untill it was a sore. It does appear to be healing, so you will have to decide if you want to do with this client.
                  Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

Possible nick but like everyone else said looking good for healing.

Comment

I would say to her: I am very sorry that Fluffy has developed a sore under her leg. What would you like me to do to make you happy?
                      I bet she won't be able to come up with anything.

Comment

I have seen other things cause a mark like this but with this much healing it sure doesn't help figuring it out.

Comment

Working...
                        X