Rags to Riches recruiting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rags to Riches recruiting

I really missed not entering last year. All my clients are very regular so no great makeovers to be had. I tried to get shelter dogs or needy people but didn't have any luck last year.

This year I'm trying again. First let me say how many people come out of the woodwork when you say you are offering a free groom. People whose dogs clearly were groomed 8-12 weeks ago,who look shaggy but fine. And OMG the Poms! I must have had ten people offer me poms. Sorry, just not much of a makeover there.

Anyway the last two days I've spent my days off doing a couple of dogs. One a cocker, who I ended up shaving cause she couldn't tolerate the HV and I needed it for her.

The other, this dog. I decided not to use her because, stupid me, I didn't ask too much about the dog and turns out she was 16. No way I was gonna put a 16 year old dog through the time needed to make her over. She did turn out pretty cute though, although not my greatest groom by any means (couldn't even get her face clipped really clean because she has no teeth) but I still thought the transformation was worth sharing.

Didn't get an after of the body, but I used a 3 on her body and a 1 comb on her legs.
    Attached Files

You did a wonderful job on her. She looks spunky now!

Comment

Agree. Wonderful job!

Comment

Nice!

Comment

You could win you got what it takes if you can find the best pet.

Comment

How are you recruiting exactly? I thought we could put up some pictures from past wins and show people?

Comment

Originally posted by 4them View Post
              How are you recruiting exactly? I thought we could put up some pictures from past wins and show people?
              I am not sure exactly what you're asking, but what I am recruiting is people whose dogs need makeovers. I just posted on a local facebook page, with some of my befores and afters and asked if anyone had dogs.

I don't get any dogs that need makeovers in my mobile because all my clients are on regular schedules and none of their dogs would need a drastic change. I like doing makeovers a lot so I'm offering free grooms for use of yucky dogs.

Comment

I'm same as you cocker, I have all long time regulars. In past if I had anybody miss an appointment I was almost excited!! I took on new clients that year just for the contest!! Now I fear my grooming style would not be received well as I lean towards Asian style mostly..

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ItzaClip! View Post
                  I'm same as you cocker, I have all long time regulars. In past if I had anybody miss an appointment I was almost excited!! I took on new clients that year just for the contest!! Now I fear my grooming style would not be received well as I lean towards Asian style mostly..

Itza two things. Last year it really seemed the judges listened to what we were all saying. This isn't a grooming competition, but a makeover competition. I saw less technically perfect grooms last year than ever before. Plus the groomers are voting for the final winner. Second, I didn't and can't take new customers. I literally said that this is a one time thing, so I didn't (Because I can't) commit to a regular customer. You could give it a try. I'm doing these dogs on my days off as I don't have time otherwise.

Comment

Holy toledo! Pics didn't show till just now.. Wow

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

Wow nice.

Comment

Originally posted by 4them View Post
                        Reread the rules....pics must be within a certain time frame (before and afters).
                        I haven't found one suitable in 2 yrs as all mine are on a regular schedule (or some semi regular, lol). First yr I entered I actually adopted a dog then rehomed her with a good client.....I still groom her too. :
                        Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyn View Post
                          Reread the rules....pics must be within a certain time frame (before and afters).
                          I haven't found one suitable in 2 yrs as all mine are on a regular schedule (or some semi regular, lol). First yr I entered I actually adopted a dog then rehomed her with a good client.....I still groom her too. :
                          I think she is asking you how you are trying to get people to let you use their dog. By hanging up pictures of past winners showing them an example of the makeover, or by hanging up a poster somewhere...

Comment

I think she is asking you how you are trying to get people to let you use their dog. By hanging up pictures of past winners showing them an example of the makeover, or by hanging up a poster somewhere...

Oh, well, I belong to a few local facebook groups like 'What's up in your town", and I said I was looking for dogs to makeover, posted pictures of past dogs I've done, told them I would groom their dogs for free for the ability to use them. That's all

Comment

Went back and read again.....I think you are correct Itza.
                              Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

Working...
                              X