Keep spare pants at work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keep spare pants at work

This week I didn't have a great new wonderful masterful guru incredible inspiring life changing realization about grooming dogs. I did however bend over in the midst of a very busy day to the kennel at floor level and split out my pants letting those panties show. My apron didn't cover you know what so I tied a towel around my waist under the apron. What did I learn? My golden wisdom is keep an extra pair of pants at the shop.

I keep forgetting to bring a complete change of clothes in because one or two times I got peed on and I had to go through the rest of the day damp and smelling like pee

Comment

Oh, gosh, yes. I keep a small wardrobe at work down to socks and undergarments. Just this past week, a dog ever so carefully aimed and projectile vomited down my shirt, pants, and into my shoe and sock. Boom, complete wardrobe change. There have been so many times I've been grateful I keep a change of clothes at work. Because of all the times I didn't.

Comment

I have a full change of clothes in my salon - just in case. Even though I had to use it only once, it's good to know I have it.

Comment

Haven't had to use them often, but yes, full change of clothes, not just for unpleasant splatterings, but in case I have to stay overnight for any reason.

Comment

Will do. Makes sense!

Comment

Originally posted by Aristocats View Post
              Haven't had to use them often, but yes, full change of clothes, not just for unpleasant splatterings, but in case I have to stay overnight for any reason.
              In my shop and in my car. Shoes too. every article of clothing I could need. Bra, panties, tops (usually two worn smocks JIC) socks, shoes.....and in my car? An emergency bag wth a nightgown or PJS (depending on the time of year) a change of clothes appropriate for the seasons, all of the above, toiletries for overnight stay and (and this will surprise many of you) a NO IRON dressy dress with stockings and heels and a small makeup bag.....not kidding. this is all under the rear cargo cover of my car. I started this about 6 years ago today in fact.....my daughter was life flighted to a hospital over an hour away and we had NOTHING when we arrived...so in addition to being worried to death we were shopping for clothes and toothpaste and hair brushes.....the dress and heels? JUST IN CASE!
              <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

Just like Kinsey Millhone. She always has her little black no iron dress with her too. Perhaps Parti is really a Private Detective in her off hours.

Comment

Originally posted by Particentral View Post
                  In my shop and in my car. Shoes too. every article of clothing I could need. Bra, panties, tops (usually two worn smocks JIC) socks, shoes.....and in my car? An emergency bag wth a nightgown or PJS (depending on the time of year) a change of clothes appropriate for the seasons, all of the above, toiletries for overnight stay and (and this will surprise many of you) a NO IRON dressy dress with stockings and heels and a small makeup bag.....not kidding. this is all under the rear cargo cover of my car. I started this about 6 years ago today in fact.....my daughter was life flighted to a hospital over an hour away and we had NOTHING when we arrived...so in addition to being worried to death we were shopping for clothes and toothpaste and hair brushes.....the dress and heels? JUST IN CASE!
                  Yes, this, too. I'm not just kind of prepper minded, but I am also prone to taking off on a whim and just ending up wherever. I always keep spare clothes and toiletries in the car as well as emergency stuff like first aid kit and fire extinguisher and one of those nifty seatbelt cutter/window buster outer things. I am ready for the zombie apocalypse. It all (except the seatbelt cutter/window smasher which stays within reach) fits neatly in my little rear hatch by the spare tire under the cargo area. It isn't even visible (which works for me because I hate clutter).

But yes, lots of reasons to always have spare clothes and toiletries on hand. But no heels for me. I just can't pull those off without looking like Frankenstein on skates. I do have emergency black flats, though. They fold up and everything. We could totally travel together on a moment's notice. Depending on how you feel about Prince, The Eagles, Foreigner, and CCR.

Comment

Originally posted by Totally Clips View Post
                    I always keep spare clothes and toiletries in the car as well as emergency stuff like first aid kit and fire extinguisher and one of those nifty seatbelt cutter/window buster outer things.

We could totally travel together on a moment's notice. Depending on how you feel about Prince, The Eagles, Foreigner, and CCR.
                    I thought EVERYONE had those things in their car!!!! If you don't you SHOULD! I have needed a fire extinguisher before, and my seatbelt cutter is in my console AND one in my small glove box (in case I am the one that needs to nbe cut out and it goes flying in a crash) and I also carry a 9MM pistol in my purse which I usually seat belt in on the passenger seat to keep it from going flying.....too many miles as a nightime newspaper delivery person to not keep things where they can be reached easily........

Add to it a Stanley battery jumper/charger/tire inflator and ther eis not much room uner my cargo cover.......LOL

The music, most of it is my style....not so much Prince though.....
                    <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

I keep 2 sets, actually had a double whammy day and they came in handy.

Comment

Originally posted by Particentral View Post
                        I thought EVERYONE had those things in their car!!!! If you don't you SHOULD! I have needed a fire extinguisher before, and my seatbelt cutter is in my console AND one in my small glove box (in case I am the one that needs to nbe cut out and it goes flying in a crash) and I also carry a 9MM pistol in my purse which I usually seat belt in on the passenger seat to keep it from going flying.....too many miles as a nightime newspaper delivery person to not keep things where they can be reached easily........

Add to it a Stanley battery jumper/charger/tire inflator and ther eis not much room uner my cargo cover.......LOL

The music, most of it is my style....not so much Prince though.....
                        You might be surprised at what people don't have in their cars. A lot of cars now don't even have spare tires! I can't imagine. I did newspaper delivery, too! And just about every kind of delivery from pizza to freight as a long haul trucker. I know what you mean; too many times on the scene of what might have been minor things turned major for lack of proper emergency equipment.

Dude, bummer on the music! I am a total Prince girl, can find something to enjoy from nearly any genre, but I find Foreigner insufferable and The Eagles annoying. John Fogerty's voice (CCR), though? Invokes an irrational degree of white hot frothy hatred that makes me want to bludgeon Girl Scouts with sacks of wet kittens. You would not want me to be the driver if a CCR song comes on. If I drive off a cliff to avoid it, I'm taking a church bus or somesuch with me.

I bet John Fogerty keeps a spare set of clothes on him, though. Or maybe not. He should if he doesn't. I'm just trying to get myself back on topic and remain relevant.

Comment

I actually keep all my grooming clothes, socks, & shoes at my shop. Wash my grooming clothes at shop as well. I come in wearing "street clothes & shoes" and change at the shop. I keep a spare duffel w/ dressier clothes just in case I meet up w/ hubby or friends for social time.[emoji6][emoji482]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                          X