Swearing Groomers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swearing Groomers

I am no prude sp? but behind the scenes I hear so many groomers swear and use foul language, hidden from the public of course but here and there, I understand but some are just foul mouths. Anyone else experience this?

I am the same way, I cringe when I hear it, I just don't see the reason people need to use swear words, but it's just me, I guess.

Comment

I grew up with a father they could string together curses and use them like punctuation. My first career was working around f Naval Nuclear personnel - sometimes in air, in the field, on board or in plants - then a looooooong time around teenage boys.
      I can swear like a fiend. Most of the time it's never. But on s day with nothing but matted, biting, peeing, pooping, yapping/ whining dogs, after a 90 minute gridlocked traffic ride to work, only to find out that reception had screwed up and booked 15 dogs for one day – yes, I will curse everything that day.
      Other days that are more normal I just laugh.
      However, do not ever be in the car with me driving on I-95 around Miami. Not unless you are wearing earplugs.
      But then again you might have to be multilingual to understand some of the curses, or at least familiar Shakespeare.

Comment

I know what you mean. When I was in high school, I remember using the phrase, "pissed off". My English teacher happened to be standing behind me. He called me out on it. I don't remember what he said, but he made it clear that he thought using crude language was beneath me. He thought it was a sign of laziness. Can you imagine anyone doing that today!
        Curse words are ugly-sounding because they are meant to be ugly-sounding. When I hear cursing all around me, I feel a little bit sad. Don't know why, I just do.

Comment

WOW.....where do you guys groom at ?? I would complain to the owner......you don't have to listen to that kind of language, nor should you. I certainly wouldn't take my pet to a grooming salon, where I've heard foul language behind a wall/curtain.

Happy (beep) @#$%^& (beep)(beep)

Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com

Comment

In my career I worked at perhaps 10 places, and most had this problem, not with everyone but some employees, but almost always it was some of the bathers. Perhaps 90% of the time. Why? You tell me, don't want to get on anyone but most bosses took care of it.

Comment

I don't use the "Big" swear words myself as a personal choice (I think it's uncreative), but I don't mind if people around me cuss from time to time. I'm actually a little amused, because half the time they think they need to apologize to me for doing it. But using swear words as an occasional adjective is entirely different from your day to day language sounding like something out of a rap video.

Comment

No more, went mobile.

Comment

Guilty as charged.

I don't think there's much of a difference in the grooming demographic vs people in general, and other professions. Some people swear, some people don't.

Comment

I just left a shop that had the most negative groomers I have ever worked with. Not so much cursing, but just griping. I recently went mobile. I am so glad to be away from the negativity!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I am so happy to have positive groomers and very little swearing. If they gripe I just ask them, "Do you want some cheese with that whine?"

Comment

It's unprofessional and brings morale down no matter what field of work you are in. I would not stand for it, and don't. An occasional word said here and there, especially if you get hurt is ok, but never in the presence of the human client. At least the pet clients won't tell on us.

Comment

Originally posted by TootsiePie View Post
                          I am so happy to have positive groomers and very little swearing. If they gripe I just ask them, "Do you want some cheese with that whine?"
                          To be fair, swearing doesn't mean negative, and isn't necessarily associated with complaining.

I am definitely not a negative person, but my language can be crude. And I know plenty of negative, "whiney", "woe-is-me-type" people who never swear. The language used and the attitude don't go hand in hand.

Comment

I would never swear in public or anywhere clients could hear it because I care about my <expletive deleted> public image, but meh otherwise. I am comfortable enough with my language skills to know I can pull out all the creative, flowery language necessary to convey whatever I need to say in any given setting, but sometimes, "well, fornicator of maternal figures!" just does not feel as good as a well-timed, "EM-EFFER!"

I work alone FWIW, but even when I didn't, I let it slide sometimes. Hey, if she wanted to have church in my shop which I objected to, she could suck it up and deal with the occasional variant of, "may the wrath of whatever god or gods you worship rain down upon you!" It's one of the many great things about being my own boss.

Also an upbeat, positive, happy person here. Who occasionally (and sometimes not so occasionally) swears.

Comment

I used to work with a guy who told childish bathroom jokes, as in "I hope everything comes out alright" every time anyone took a break. The words themselves were clean, but I found the way he strung them together to be more vulgar and a lot more annoying than the use of so called swear words.

I can see a place for foul language, just not in everyday conversation. If you waste it on trivialities it won't have full force when you really need it. Some people just grow up hearing it, though. The young child of a neighbor who curses a blue streak once sweetly asked me to "move your damn tootsies" when my feet were in her way. She was 3, maybe 4 at the time.

Comment

Working...
                              X