Didn't Think That One Through....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Didn't Think That One Through....

A client today came to pick up his dogs. He walked in the door, walks up to the counter, and blows a dog whistle! I'm not sure what he was trying to accomplish but I was like 'dude, your dogs aren't the only dogs in the shop'. I don't know if he was trying to call his dogs (they were in kennels at the back), trying to get them to not bark (they were not barking when he walked in) or were trying to get my dogs not to bark (my little pom puppy is still working on not barking, but I don't even remember him barking and I can work with my own dogs' barking), or just did it to see what would happen but I was a little put off. The weird things clients do...
    He's otherwise a good client and has never done something like this before, so hopefully it's a one time deal.

Maybe it is something new he is training his dog with and he was showing off his new "toy"?

Comment

That would have scared me out of my wits, not to mention how disruptive to your salon that must have caused..........he would not be welcome back if he did it a second time.........did you ask him why he did it ????

Happy wearing ear protection

Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com

Comment

Gah, it would have been my first reaction to throw something at that idiot's head... Unfortunately I've always had too good of hearing in that range, and loud, squeeky noises like that piss me right the heck off (Instant, cartoonish levels of white hot fury!) . He's just lucky that you weren't trimming in a delicate area!

Comment

My eyes about bugged out of my head, especially since I was working on something specific with my pom puppy to help him with his barking when clients come in and was thinking that this could totally set us back. Thankfully we were done grooming dogs for the day, and my dogs didn't even seem to notice. He said something about it, not too descriptive, but I was so taken aback that I just kinda moved on. If he does it again I will definitely have to have a chat about it!

Comment

Wow I would have some said something, but not harsh. Too curious why he did it.

Comment

That's worse than the guy we had today who walked in shouting his dog's name as if she could just open the kennel door and let herself out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by tabbykitten13 View Post
                ...loud, squeeky noises like that piss me right the heck off (Instant, cartoonish levels of white hot fury!) .
                Same here. This would have been a good segue from the swearing thread. That would have sent me sailing right over the edge, and I'm generally pretty chill.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluedog View Post
                  That's worse than the guy we had today who walked in shouting his dog's name as if she could just open the kennel door and let herself out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                  What about those that walk in and go behind the counter and get their pet. No way.

Comment

Originally posted by 4them View Post
                    What about those that walk in and go behind the counter and get their pet. No way.
                    I HATE when clients walk through my gate and behind the counter to do anything. I couldn't imagine just wandering into the back of any business. I need to put back up my 'employees only' sign since we painted.

Comment

Working...
                    X