Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rescued Poodle Unleashes Kindness

http://www.tri-cityherald.com/living...e62730252.html

Kindness can show up in the most unexpected way: a coffee drink paid anonymously in the drive-thru lane, a greeting card for no other reason than to lift one’s heart, a task shouldered by a friend when life seems weary. But imagine kindness arriving with a wagging pink tail.

“Every person Maddie touches has an emotional reaction to her,” said Karen Nicksich of Richland about her therapy dog. “At Guardian Angel Homes there’s a lady Maddie heads to right away. When the resident hugs her, the woman starts to cry. I see that as healing. Then Maddie starts to cry, one tear in her right eye.”

‘The Time of My Life’ by Karen Nicksich
    ‘The Time of My Life’ by Karen Nicksich
    The white standard poodle’s perceptive bond has been there from the moment Karen and her family first met the rescue pet she found online. Her owners had to give her up because of medical expenses they were facing.

“Maddie came out of their house and before we had a chance to even say ‘Hi’ she made a beeline to our car,” Karen said, recalling how her daughter was seated in the shade of the open hatchback, her legs dangling over the rear bumper. “Maddie leaped in and laid her head on Rachel’s lap. It was the first smile I’d seen in a long time.”

Compassion, gentleness, intuitiveness, all radiated from the fluffy dog in that first gentle touch.

Deep sadness had been echoing in the hearts of the Nicksich family after their golden retriever, a rescue dog named Max, “crossed the rainbow bridge” in the summer of 2015 after bone cancer, a beloved pet they had loved for 10 years. Nicksich wrote a book to help others who have lost a pet and will be signing copies next month.
    Coordinators post updates to the message for grooming events, members contests, PG.com Classified Ads, GroomerTALK Radio shows and PG.com Magazine online.

Dogs add so much to human lives.

Comment

Maddie is SO lovely - this was a great ending to more than one sad story.

Comment

I love this story.

Comment

Working...
        X