Dremel Issue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dremel Issue?

I have this nail dremel and it works fine, but when I try to use the bigger barrel drum and bands the bands just slide right down towards the dremel and sit around the metal part that holds the drum on so it's useless. I can't imagine what I could be doing wrong, you just slide the band onto the drum, but they won't stay in place. Should I try to go buy different drums and bands, maybe mine are defective? I've never had this issue before with any other dremel.

There is a screw at the top you have to tighten

Comment

Really? A screw on the top of the drum? I'll have to look for that tomorrow!
      BTW here is the dremel I have since apparently I forgot to ad it to my first post
      http://www.amazon.com/Oster-078129-6.../dp/B0002DHH42

Comment

Yes, all of the Mini Mite and similar style dremel tools have a screw & washer that holds the band on the rubber drum.

Comment

Originally posted by cockerlvr View Post
          There is a screw at the top you have to tighten
          ^^^THIS^^^ Tightening the screw squishes the drum expanding it to hold on the band.
          It's not what you look at that matters; it's what you see.
          Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Great! I forgot to check it today but I will do that next time!

Comment

Yep mine has one.

Comment

They came out with a quick release for the sanding drum to change it quickly, no screwdriver required. Like $7 at Home Depot in tool dept.

Comment

Working...
                X