Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Piggybacking off another post . Opening Wednesday to Sunday?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Piggybacking off another post . Opening Wednesday to Sunday?

Would you as a groomer be willing to work 8-4 or 9-5 Wed to Sunday? Or would you feel like its giving up an important day for you? Would you feel like its cutting into family time?

9 to 5 on Sundays for sure. 8 to 4 other days OK. But some groomers won't go along especially with family and church activities.

Comment

I wouldn't. I struggle with Saturdays because I lose family time. No way would I work Sundays.

Comment

I am on the opposite end. I love working weekends because where I'm at, those are the best money days. I don't have a need for weekend family time though.

Comment

I wouldn't mind one bit. I already work Saturdays and Sundays at my shop.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

I guess it depends on the area you are in and on the particular groomer. When I used to work at PetSomething, I had no problem working Sundays (my family is just my husband and me, and we don't go to church) and it was hit and miss - some Sundays were really busy, some were boring, because the town I was in was heavily Mormon, who don't shop on Sundays. Right now I have Tuesdays and Sundays off, but I have nothing against working on Sunday.

Comment

I am a dog show person so as long the close shows do not have judges that are good for my dog I will work Saturdays and Sundays. Especially if I can trade a Mon - Fri day for the Saturday and/or Sunday I want off.

Comment

When I worked at corporate Saturdays were a must. While there for 4 years I missed every single football game my son played in. When I left there and took a year off to start my own business it was amazing! I hated missing the money, but to watch my boy play in a sport he LOVES was the most exciting thing ever! So I decided that when I opened my mobile I would only work Monday through Friday. I gave up so much time with my boys to have this great career, and I wouldn't trade grooming for anything. But family comes first! I have had any complaints from my customers about not working weekends...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I've worked Thursday-to-Monday for a long time now, and I enjoy it. The weekends are money days, because people like convenience and they will come just for the weekend availability. I can get everything done on Tuesday/Wednesday when traffic is good. I used to take the odd weekend off for an agility trial.

Comment

I can understand the need for family and not working weekends. Since my kids are over 18 now and on their own, I love working weekends. They are ALWAYS booked year round so easily. I can count on them, and almost always have a cancellation list. Weekdays are so much more pleasant for me as I don't like crowds, so shopping movies, dinner out, walking the dogs at the park, no crowds, love that. Watch out though, some of the Sunday customers want you to keep the pet longer, because they get free from the pets and take a Sunday drive. So I ask them how long they want to be gone and they want 4 hours or more there is an extra charge and one of my bathers tends to them with a short walk a couple times in back. Actually the extra charge pays for my bather salary, so I really make money, her bathing costs me nothing.

Comment

Interesting my first reaction is no Sundays for me but I can see the benefits some appeal. I hate Saturday and Sunday crowds wherever you go.

Comment

I am considering Sundays, we turn away lots of Sunday business and with so many groomers not working Sundays you can get lots of new customers. I've seen it done. My last kid will be gone soon, seriously considering.

Comment

Normally I wouldn't mind, but my husband's only day off is Sunday. So I'm pretty firm about being closed, that's our date day.
                          I do offer the odd Sunday appointment on rare occasion if I'm hurting for money and the client can't do any other day. That's the nice thing about house call though, I don't have to worry about opening up the whole shop, I just pop over to their house, groom the dog, then go home and resume my day.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Nope. I'll work one weekend day if I absolutely have to, but I have 2 young kids at home and a husband that works Monday through Friday. If I work all weekend I miss out on family dinners, date night, sports, and general fun. The money is good, but not worth it to me personally.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Comment

Sunday's don't mean anything more to me than any other days. I've considered being open Sunday because I imagine it would be good money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X