Working Saturdays New Approach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Working Saturdays New Approach

It's been very hard to find new bathers to work Saturdays, and that is one of our busiest days. We are usually booked 4 weeks out for Saturdays and we work 2 Sundays a month for overload. Well it dawned on me finally to offer Saturday or Sat/Sun only job positions to new bathers. OMG, I got a ton of applicants. So my Mon-Fri crew is happy and now bathing has 2 crews, weekends, and midweek only days. Simple solution!

A few years ago we started closing Monday and Tuesday and work 5 days Wed-Sun, and we made about 30,000 a year more. Now we are busier and went to 6 including Tuesday, but it was a wise idea to keep weekends. Your idea of separate weekend crew makes perfect sense.

Comment

Makes sense. Some grooming schools started offering Sat and Sun only classes for working people and did OK.

Comment

I would love to work Sundays and have Tuesday off. I would open a little later and close little earlier. My bather wouldn't mind but that's the day my husband is off and we do things together.

Comment

Great idea. Absolutely there are people that would groom weekends while having another job. Like it.

Comment

Working...
          X