Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Westminster

Anyone watch??

I watched some of it.......timed the judges for best of show..........each dog on the table was viewed by the judge for 15 seconds or less.........each dog was viewed by the judge from beginning of table to end of walk for 1 minute of less. I don't know of any other competition that spends so little time on judging for the top winner of such an acclaimed show. I only watch it to see the doggies, not the judging or who wins.......

Happy shaking my head

Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com

Comment

I do.
      Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

Originally posted by Dolly View Post
        I watched some of it.......timed the judges for best of show..........each dog on the table was viewed by the judge for 15 seconds or less.........each dog was viewed by the judge from beginning of table to end of walk for 1 minute of less. I don't know of any other competition that spends so little time on judging for the top winner of such an acclaimed show. I only watch it to see the doggies, not the judging or who wins.......

Happy shaking my head

Dolly when you've gone over dogs for 40 years of your life you know what you're looking for/at. What you said is akin to you feeling a dog for two seconds and knowing it's matted to the skin and the client says, how could you possibly know that, you only touched her for two seconds.

I watched live stream breed judging and will watch the groups online later. I don't have regular TV so couldn't watch as it happened.

Comment

Originally posted by Dolly View Post

Happy shaking my head

Let me explain dog show confirmation to a pet groomer so you can better understand what you're watching.

When a dog wins its breed, that's where the dog is "vetted" and thoroughly gone over, not in the best in show ring. Winning best of it's breed can take over 1 hour to judge all of the "specials" or champion dogs. That's quite the hurdle beating sometimes 50 dogs of your particular breed. Once you get past that, the dog is "passed" to the group judge. The group judge trusts that the individual breed judges did their "job" and handed them the best specimen for their breed. So the group judge is only looking for the best of each breed traits and placing them in order. In group, dogs are not judged against each other but themselves and are they the best for their breed, who has the most and best of their own breed traits.

If your dog is graced by winning its group, by then it beat hundreds of dogs overall and the best in show judge really is a quick decision for the most part, it's way less dogs to look at and to reach that ring, the judge knows these dogs are the best of the best. It usually comes down to 2 dogs for them to really pick from.

So best in show judging is not a reflection of the true breed judging which takes 2 days to do for Westminster.
          Last edited by IrishSetterTom; 02-17-16, 10:52 AM.

Comment

I enjoyed the Agulility very much.....the dog's looked as if they were have a fun time.
            Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

Five Facts About the GSP that won.

http://www.nydailynews.com/life-styl...icle-1.2534381

Comment

I've watched and attended in person. I watch this last one just to see my favorite dogs.
                What makes it a competition (a.k.a. a horse race) is that not everyone's going to agree with the outcome. When your are there in person you realize how much happens that is never put on television. The cameras try to get the most interesting shots and to keep the audience engaged. They have commercials and air time to fill they want people to stay tuned.
                Stopped attending the show when they split the venue. When it was all done at the garden it was easy to see the different groups and go back and see the benching. Now that the groups are judged upon the Piers and only the nighttime shows are at the garden it's very challenging. Especially since the kennel show and fashion week are generally at the same time.

Comment

Working...
                X