Always forgetting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Always forgetting

I am constantly forgetting to take before and after pics, I will take before or after but rarely do I remember to get both. What are some tricks you guys use to remember to do both?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I put my camera on the dog's paperwork next to my table so when I am done and need to write notes in the file, I see the camera and remember. The problem, though, most dogs seem to be camera shy. They will stand still and stare into camera when they are dirty and furry, for "before" picture, but after they are clean and cute, they wiggle, don't stay still and turn away from camera.

Comment

I use my photos to time myself. The clock is ticking as soon as my "before" shot is taken.

Comment

Always forgetting as well. Have a dozen 'befores' and no 'afters'. Tried calling yo have a tech / bather take pics and thry alwZts do that selfish stuff rather than something usable.
        I figure I'll have to keep working until it I get it right.

Comment

I also try to take "after" pictures just to check myself - sometimes I see the stickie-outie or uneven ears on camera screen better that on real dog.

Comment

If your taking a pic just to look at your own work or evaluate, snap it during groom or right after, act normally like your still grooming, usually dogs will stand still. Or if you have a spot where they are wanting to go one direction ( towards door/ you/ light) and its safe to leave them a few steps away ( my drying table is against a wall, beside a tub and beside a kennel bank) you still loop them but back away and be ready, turn body away if needed, pick up treat bag, toy or as last resort collar or leash. Getting someone to open door or you calling out " hello? Be right there!! ", or " wanna go for a???!!" , you will get only a few chances before they get too excited so prep well, set your camera to multiple shots and "meowww" .

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

Phone is right there, one woman show here so asking for help doesn't work. I know the more i just so it, the more it will be a habit. I did an awesome groom on a mini golden doodle, do I have an after pic? Nope :-( ItzaClip absolutely adorable clip.

Comment

Originally posted by ItzaClip! View Post
                If your taking a pic just to look at your own work or evaluate, snap it during groom or right after
                I know, and I don't have to clean up the table, too!
                Your photos are always so nice, though...sometimes my owners show up early so I don't have time to take nice "after" picture.

Comment

Well not the best pics older male with back problems, matted, and infested with fleas.

Comment

Working...
                  X