Annual Dog Groomers Ball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Annual Dog Groomers Ball

Hey guys, thought us groomers could do with getting all dolled up and dapper for a change when we spend our days in lovely grooming nylons sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo I am looking at organizing a Groomers Ball on the fringes of London in October time. Just wanted to get an idea of whether this is something my esteemed grooming colleagues would like. I would be black tie and I'm hoping to get Super Vet to do a talk.

Bev at Plucky Pooch

Originally posted by Pluckypooch View Post
    Hey guys, thought us groomers could do with getting all dolled up and dapper for a change when we spend our days in lovely grooming nylons sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo I am looking at organizing a Groomers Ball on the fringes of London in October time. Just wanted to get an idea of whether this is something my esteemed grooming colleagues would like. I would be black tie and I'm hoping to get Super Vet to do a talk.

Bev at Plucky Pooch
    YOU STOLE MY IDEA!!!! To funny. I have been talking to colleagues in my area about doing such a thing. I planned to have it catered with 2-3 menu options you send in with your reservation. A silent auction with items donated from sponsors with proceeds going to the following years event and the rest to a designated Non-profit organization. There would be live music and dancing. I think it's an AWESOME idea. 2 things that I considered might be a snag. 1; where would we host it that would be centrally located for groomers to attend so they would not have to go too far out of their way. 2; trying to keep cost at a minimum so it wouldn't be much more than let's say $100 a person to attend.
    It's not what you look at that matters; it's what you see.
    Henry David Thoreau

Comment

I'm actually currently working on a Groomers night out Paint and sip event. i have a friend who is an artist and working on designing a "groomer" oriented painting idea. Then me and a bunch of colleagues will go to her studio for drinks while we paint a picture. Think it will be lots of fun and a great way to network. My friend supplies all the art supplies at her studio, we just have to bring the drink, and it's only $25 each!
      Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Sounds like a blast.

Comment

Originally posted by Naturally Furry View Post
          YOU STOLE MY IDEA!!!! To funny. I have been talking to colleagues in my area about doing such a thing. I planned to have it catered with 2-3 menu options you send in with your reservation. A silent auction with items donated from sponsors with proceeds going to the following years event and the rest to a designated Non-profit organization. There would be live music and dancing. I think it's an AWESOME idea. 2 things that I considered might be a snag. 1; where would we host it that would be centrally located for groomers to attend so they would not have to go too far out of their way. 2; trying to keep cost at a minimum so it wouldn't be much more than let's say $100 a person to attend.
          How about dress code? Optional black tie or required? Sure know some groomers that don't do dress up.

Comment

Originally posted by 123Linda View Post
            How about dress code? Optional black tie or required? Sure know some groomers that don't do dress up.
            I would say black-tie, hence the whole "ball" idea. At the very least semi-casual.
            Henry David Thoreau

Comment

I think it would be fun, but may have to accept semi casual.

Comment

Working...
              X