MSM for hair as much as joints

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSM for hair as much as joints

There was a big bandwagon for years for humans to do MSM for joint pain relief. I studied it and I don't have joint pain or rarely. But I also heard from friends that their hair became shiny and luxurious. OMG after 4 months of doing good MSM people touch my hair. It is SO SOFT like never in my life. It shines without oils. I use no conditioner at all. So I give to my dogs and wow, be patient in a couple months their coats are soft and shiny too, zero conditioners.

Alright, nice to see someone mention this tonight. That is one of my hair secrets too. I take MSM and Boswellia and never have joint pain from grooming. But it is so true, give it some time and your hair becomes SILKY beautiful from it.

Comment

Do you have a favorite brand of MSM? How many mgs a day are you taking? My knees are tender and I feel about 100 years old.....look that way too when I get up from a recliner :-\

Comment

What is msm?

Comment

I get MSM and most other things at vitacost.com. Great prices and if you order their brands, which I often do, free shipping for $25 orders. Get it there, I use their brand actually. QUITE SAFE. For joints some add glucosamine, but MSM I use for other benefits mostly like skin and hair. Not expensive either. Not at all actually.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dusty Muzzle View Post
            What is msm?
            I had to look it up on WebMD :-) Here's what they had to say:

MSM is a chemical found in plants, animals, and humans. It can also be made in a laboratory. People use it as a medicine.

MSM is used for chronic pain, osteoarthritis, joint inflammation, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, bursitis, tendonitis, tenosynovitis, musculoskeletal pain, muscle cramps, scleroderma, scar tissue, stretch marks, hair loss, wrinkles, protection against sun/wind burn, eye inflammation, oral hygiene, periodontal disease, wounds, cuts, and abrasions/accelerated wound healing. It is either taken by mouth or applied to the skin for these uses.

Sounds good to me! I've ordered some and it will arrive in a few days.

Comment

Will be doing some research for sure. Thanks. I have both scleroderma and rheumatoid arthritis.

Comment

Very safe, some people like to watch the amount of glucosamine added to it if you get the formula with both. LOTS of foods not grown organically today or too twisted by GMO have lost things iodine, Vit D and these good forms of sulphur.

Comment

MSM is very safe and it does work. So that is what happened to my hair.

Comment

Love MSM. A little known fact, but MSM has also been shown in university studies to treat and prevent giardia. I had one dog constantly testing positive for giardia due to all the goose poop in our yard. Never had a problem with it again after starting a daily dose. I give my dogs it daily as they compete in agility. One has a short bowel disorder and it works as an anti-inflammatory in her GI tract and she doesn't have to be on Tylan powder with the MSM use.The levels needed to overdose are so high, it's a very good everyday product for humans and animals. I buy the horse powder for my dogs $20 lasts us about 4-5 months.

Comment

Working...
                    X